roms

A couple years ago I modded my xbox1 to run unsigned software, meaning I had the ability to run emulators and roms with full controller functionality. It was awesome. I had most of the systems available for VC and even had a famicom emulator so I could play SMB2 Japan. I even had Super Mario RPG (yeah BigJake52, eat it!).

I have to say I think the games actually run better when you don't pay for them, though I don't have any technical data to back up that claim.

I sold that modded xbox to a friend in order to buy a 360. How stupid was that!

I could probably do it again, but seriously, that was waaay too much homework!

halfcrazed said:
I have to say I think the games actually run better when you don't pay for them, though I don't have any technical data to back up that claim.

Saturn Emu
Nobody can get it to run well

Conan the Librarian said:
Thank you for your assistance sir. No problem. I was gonna run down there and get wrecking crew today, but i'll just wait till you stock NES games again................

The last time we stocked NES games was... 15 years ago. You'll be put onto a waiting list.

well sort of, my point is that getting a disk of roms is basically like buying used games because it wouldnt benefit nintendo since the console is discontinued

Well still, my point is if you try to hack the Wii and upload roms there, then that's practically stealing, because Nintendo makes money off VC titles too. That's how they planned on making money off discontinued consoles.

well i wasnt going to hack the wii but i was just wondering if u put a game from my disc onto an sd card if u could use that game on the wii, i probly wouldnt of done it anyway lol

LinksDarkSide said:
Well still, my point is if you try to hack the Wii and upload roms there, then that's practically stealing, because Nintendo makes money off VC titles too. That's how they planned on making money off discontinued consoles.

Im really not trying to just argue with you, and I realize you are trying to stay on the up and up, but there is no way in hell I would mod a wii anyways. Im talking about a real life scenario, in which I played a rom (I knew wrecking crew sucked already, but a friend asked me what it was like, so I said haha, ill show you what a POS it is).

To throw another monkey wrench in the argument, Ive had these roms since 3 computers ago when wii didnt exist. Hell, Gamecube didnt exist. I just checked and my ROM files date back to 1996. I know it is still "illegal", but at that point I dont feel "immoral"......the files themselves are older than a decade.

Damn, I should have shortened this whole thing up just to care what sixstringedstress thinks, even though he/she has nothing to do with the conversation.

There's a music store nearby where I work that carries used games going all the way back to the Atari 2600 and basically every console since then. Obviously places like that are not very common though.

Skippy said:
There's a music store nearby where I work that carries used games going all the way back to the Atari 2600 and basically every console since then. Obviously places like that are not very common though.

Junk shops are a hive of old (rap and the odd console (I found my Jamma arcade cab in one)

Back