router password? its not admin

NeMeZyZ

Chapter .1
Aug 20, 2006
Miami Beach, fl
i bought a router today so i can go online and get vc games but i can't connect bcuz i need to find out the password for my linksys wrt54g..i tried admin but got nothin

And we're supposed to know your router credentials?

Just do a hardware reset. That should reset it to manufacturer default. Then do a google search for the model defaults.

just to check, admin is the password, you need to leave the username area blank.

The router does come with a manual by the way, which tells you the default login.

And we're supposed to know your router credentials?

Well it's pretty standard, linksys is admin no pass, netgear is admin with the password "password"

i had the same thing everytime it would check my computer settings it would come back and ask for the password. anyways called linksys and they just told me to update my firmware online. no problem i get the net great now.

Alphateam said:
The default on a Linksys is
User = admin
pass = [blank]

You guys have this backward. The default for linksys is
User = [blank]
pass = admin

NeMeZyZ said:
i bought a router today so i can go online and get vc games but i can't connect bcuz i need to find out the password for my linksys wrt54g..i tried admin but got nothin

Perhaps you got one that was a return, whoever bought it first might have changed the default password. I've seen weirder things.

Anyway, on the back of the router there is a reset button. Plug the router in and use a pen to push and hold the button for 5 seconds. You should see the lights on the front of the router flash once you've held it for long enough. That should reset the router to factory defaults.

pokey100 said:
linksys says to hold the reset button in for about 30 seconds

Well, that'll work for sure. Either way, when the lights on the front flash it is resetting.

Yuu said:
my linksys was originally
user = admin
pass = blank

What model? I have 4 different versions of the WRT54G series and mine have never had usernames, nor the ability to even setup usernames.

stuckshut said:
What model? I have 4 different versions of the WRT54G series and mine have never had usernames, nor the ability to even setup usernames.

Every version of the 54 G models allows this.

vagrant said:
Every version of the 54 G models allows this.

Not true. I just tested this. You can enter a password. Nothing more and nothing less.

Back