Sadness-Possibly the Greatest Game Ever

Deanis

Tip#67: Sell Your Wii
Nov 14, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Wii Online Code
4076-9395-0234-2025
OK hardly anything is known about it, apart from the fact it seems to be all in B&W and use the Wii-mote for some crazy ideas. I personally think it would look awesome if they borrowed ideas from Sin City.
Hows this for an idea: 'a cut-scene shows a particular villain has escaped from a building and has run off into the night, followed by clashes of thunder and lightning as it begins to rain heavily' . The actual gameplay could be chasing the villain down the road, with the entire 'scene' in B&W except for flashes of car lights, and red trails through the rain. stylistic effects like this would work a treat. I can just imagine playing a game like Sadness on a dark winter night...

.............I wouldnt like it but maybe others would:D

I'm actually quite interested in it, I don't think they need to get any ideas off Sin City, as the whole black and white effect tells a story of it's own.

Agreed. No need to steal Sin City's plot or characters, etc.

Although I'd love if they used the same artistic style of Sin City (i.e. the shocking yellows and reds that stand out from the black and white of the movie.)

Sin City was incredibly innovative artistically...

Ohh yer thats what i was referring to :p
Just the style of the movie could be implemented into the game, and try and give the game the same sort of creepy, dark-ish mood.But I am looking forward to this game no matter what, some of the character drawings for it seem rather imteresting..

remember the days for computer games where they would put real actors in games? they would look all digitlized
the trailer shows real actors, they only used bad actors back in the early 90s and stuff cause the games didnt look that interesting/great
my point, what if this game is all real actors? movie-magic freakiness and scaryness, it could start something new and be totally different

Sovieto said:
remember the days for computer games where they would put real actors in games? they would look all digitlized
the trailer shows real actors, they only used bad actors back in the early 90s and stuff cause the games didnt look that interesting/great
my point, what if this game is all real actors? movie-magic freakiness and scaryness, it could start something new and be totally different
It's not going to be...
but anyways, I'm so excited to hear more about this game! It sounds fantastic and I really hope they pull it off.

Limbo said:
Agreed. No need to steal Sin City's plot or characters, etc.

Although I'd love if they used the same artistic style of Sin City (i.e. the shocking yellows and reds that stand out from the black and white of the movie.)

Sin City was incredibly innovative artistically...

If you like sin city, can I recommend checking out Frank Miller's other books? His work with Batman in the Dark Knight series was absolutely phenomenal! If you enjoyed Sin City, the comic books are very much worth picking up, especially since the reprints of the graphic novels have started surfacing. The series only gets darker and stranger Frank Miller is a masterful story teller, and his artwork and deep plots are just as good for the shock and awe as they are for story and plot.

Oh yeah, and this game sounds awesome.

Back