New Games Week of March 8

ResEvilWii

WiiChat Member
Jan 27, 2009
Starting this week, the top game(s) of the week will be in a:
quote box.

Madworld, Pikmin and a lot of shovelware...

New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis - March 9 - $29.99
Mario-Power-Tennis_Wii_US_ESRBboxart_160w.jpg

Part of Nintendo's New Play Control! series of titles of classic Nintendo games remade for the unique control systems of the Wii, this game brings back the Mario's tennis challenge with controls designed around the Wii Remote. The Mushroom Kingdom has hosted tennis tournaments before, but never one as explosive as this one. The wild multiplayer action of the smash Nintendo 64 hit, Mario Tennis, returns with even more powerful shots and new, character-specific power-ups guaranteed to make for the craziest matches ever! Instead of just striking a ball back and forth, opponents in Mario Tennis will launch flaming volleys and slam hits with oversized mallets. Gamers play amidst all-new courts and obstacles, as well as some new characters and game modes. For example, you now get to play in the courts of Luigi's Mansion and below the packed stadiums of Peach Dome. Each court brings its own set of challenges. Each character also boasts his/her own set of moves, and each of them fitting the personality of its respective character.

New Play Control! Pikmin - March 9 - $29.99
New-Play-Control-Pikmin_Wii_US_ESRBboxart_160w.jpg

Part of Nintendo's New Play Control! series of titles of classic Nintendo games remade for the unique control systems of the Wii, this game brings back the first in the Pikmin series with controls designed around the Wii Remote. This quirky, life-under-the-microscope title delivers a unique experience like few before it with a blend of real-time strategy, adventure, and puzzle elements. Taking advantage of the GameCube's graphics power, Pikmin sports lush texture work that brings to life a microscopic fantasy world. Players control Captain Olimar, a lovable little astronaut, who crash landed on a planet inhabited by even more lovable little plant creatures known as Pikmin. Olimar can command these creatures RTS-style, assign them tasks, make them attack foes, and gather resources. The ultimate task is to rebuild Olimar's space ship before a 30-day time window elapses.

Escape the Museum - March 10 - $19.99
escape_the_museum_wiiboxart_160w.jpg

In Escape the Museum, a devastating earthquake has rocked the foundations of the National Museum of History and players must help Susan Anderson, who was knocked unconscious by falling debris while searching the museum for survivors, escape from the crumbling building to the safety outside. Thwarted by doors blocked with rubble and tripped alarm systems, players wander through the museum's maze of 12 different hunt and find areas and 25 action-packed adventure scenes, using the Wii Remote to uncover hidden exits and save priceless archaeological artifacts. Along the way, players will solve puzzles, consult a map and access hints to help them inch closer to freedom and a joyful reunion with Susan's lost daughter, Caitlin.

Fantasy Aquarium World - March 10 - $29.99
No Cover
No Description

Grey's Anatomy: The Video Game - March 10 - $29.99
GreysAnatomyWiiBoxboxart_160w.jpg

The doctors of Seattle Grace Hospital deal with life-or-death consequences on a daily basis -- it's in one another that they find comfort, friendship and, at times, more than friendship. Together they're discovering that neither medicine nor relationships can be defined in black and white. Real life only comes in shades of grey. In this all-new adventure based on the hit TV show, players interact with the well-known faces from the series as they move from critical medical operations to life-affirming romantic entanglements.

M&M's Beach Party - March 10 - $29.99
MMBP_Boxfront_RPboxart_160w.jpg

Your favorite M&M's candy characters are serving up summertime fun in M&M's Beach Party! Get on your feet and compete in six unique and physically challenging games like the Kayak race, the Mr. Runch Slam and Skee-Ball! And what day at the beach would be complete without Beach Volleyball? Bump, set and spike your way to victory during a full-length volleyball game.

MadWorld - March 10 - $49.99
Mad_world_wii_esrbboxart_160w.jpg

Madworld is an inventive third-person action game exclusively for Wii. Produced by Atsushi Inaba, MadWorld has a unique black and white style depicting an incredibly sharp backdrop that straddles graphic novels and 3D worlds. As players battle opponents, they must master the use of various weapons and items found within their environment, such as chainsaws and street signs, while entertaining sports commentary adds to the third-person gameplay. With its irreverent humor and over-the-top violence, MadWorld will deliver a unique core gaming experience currently missing on the Wii system.

MySims Party - March 10 - $49.99
mysims_party_ukwiiUK_boxart_160w.jpg

MySims Party turns any gathering into an instant party with 50 mini games to choose from, each hosted by a different MySim. You and your friends have the chance to Stick the Trick in the extreme snowboarding mini game, outrun a robot in Robo Assault or shake your groovey thing with DJ Candy during the Go Go Dancing challenge. Each MySim character brings a unique combination of skills to the mission, with differing levels of endurance, speed and luck giving you the option to choose the best MySim for the task. You can play mini games one right after the other, or you and your friends can compete in a themed festival such as food, music or sports that offers multiple mini games.

Samurai Shodown Anthology - March 10 -$29.99
Samurai-Shodown-Anthology_Wii_temp_coverboxart_160w.jpg

A compilation of games from the great SNK weapon-based fighting series, Samurai Shodown. Celebrate the history of Samurai Shodown Anthology by battling as one of the greatest Samurai of all time. Seven separate adventures that span across the life of the franchise in this incredible collection. The complete collection of the SAMURAI SHODOWN series contains seven games: Samurai Shodown, I, II, III, IV, V, V Special and VI.

Totally Spies! Totally Party - March 10 - $19.99
TotallyPartyWiiBoxboxart_160w.jpg

Meet Alex, Clover, and Sam: Beverly Hills teens by day and secret spy agents by night! In Totally Spies! Totally Party, you can help them juggle their sleuthing and homework assignments. This game consists mainly of mini-games played on 10 game boards and a showroom based on the daily life of the Spies. In a board, 1 to 3 Players are challenging a boss. Players win mini-games for popularity points to unlock clothes and for setting traps to the boss. Play as your favorite character from the series: Clover, Alex or Sam!

Trivial Pursuit - March 10 - $39.99
TrivialPursuitWiiBoxboxart_160w.jpg

The console version of Trivial Pursuit brings the party to the living room TV allowing players to customize the experience with several ways to play. Players can connect with friends in classic trivial pursuit mode, hone their knowledge with the single player mode, and gather their buddies and bet on their brains with the high stakes mode where every answer counts.

Vacation Sports - March 10 - $29.99
vacation_sports_wiiboxart_160w.jpg

No Description

I'll get MadWorld when I finnish Dead Rising...

Madworld will be the best Wii game so far this year and possibly the best for the whole year. I have it preordered and Tuesday just can't come soon enough.

Pikmin will be worth picking up too if you don't have the NGC version, although it'll be marked down in reviews because they know Pikmin 2 will be coming out soon.

Samurai Shodown Anthology is actually quite a bargin for $29.99 considering that it would cost a lot more than that to buy them all on the VC.

I wouldn't dismiss all of the others as shovelware but they definitely are aimed at the more casual players.

I don't see how Pikmin is getting your guy's approval. It's not like the Wii controls add anything to the game except frustration. If you look at Mario Tennis, the Wii controls can make it more fun. For Pikmin, it wouldn't be more fun, just an alternate way to play that adds nothing. The only people who it is aimed for would be the people who never played Pikmin yet (not you guys). Still, they'd be better off buying the original for a cheaper price...

I don't see how Pikmin is getting your guy's approval. It's not like the Wii controls add anything to the game except frustration. If you look at Mario Tennis, the Wii controls can make it more fun. For Pikmin, it wouldn't be more fun, just an alternate way to play that adds nothing.
Most review sites say the the exact opposite to you, with Pikmin's Wii controls getting praise while Mario Tennis' don't.

IGN said:
The on-screen reticule in the GCN version was tethered to control of Olimar so it was impossible to walk one way and point in the other. This is not at all the case with the Wii game, which now maps the command reticule to the Wii remote's pointer allowing you full freedom to point in any direction even as you move around. This seemingly simple addition transforms the process of giving commands into a much speedier, more accurate and intuitive experience. You simply point with the Wii remote and your reticule follows just as you'd hope and it feels absolutely fantastic.
Doesn't sound like the Wii controls add frustration at all.

Frustration in the sense that you have to hold the pointer at the screen. Still, I don't know what games you all played but I never had any problems with the original Pikmin, on top of it being ridiculously easy. So if you need 'better' controls to beat an already old and easy game...

Still, my main point stands that these controls add no fun or enjoyment to the game itself. They only make it 'easier and more fluid'. Controls don't mean much unless you're going to have fun when it comes to buying the same game. It's like the same as buying a PC version of a game and a 360 version. They're the same game, the controls don't add anything except an alternate way to play. And comfort if you're a PC person, but same goes for 360 as well.

Last edited:
i predict that many people will be insanely disappointed with madworld. way too much hype for a game that looks like it was drawn on a sketch pad

I don't see how Pikmin is getting your guy's approval. It's not like the Wii controls add anything to the game except frustration. If you look at Mario Tennis, the Wii controls can make it more fun. For Pikmin, it wouldn't be more fun, just an alternate way to play that adds nothing. The only people who it is aimed for would be the people who never played Pikmin yet (not you guys). Still, they'd be better off buying the original for a cheaper price...
Lost my original copy and I never got off the planet so I'll buy it.

And OF COARSE I'm getting MADWORLD. It's on the top of my list.

Yep...Madworld is it.

I'd almost buy a Wii just for it, even though I KNOW I'd be over it in 5mins.

Itd be awesomely awesome for those 5mins.

That could be THE exciting game for you. I havent seen a decent innovative Wii game since NO More Heroes...which I personally loved.

I don't see how Pikmin is getting your guy's approval. It's not like the Wii controls add anything to the game except frustration.

Still, my main point stands that these controls add no fun or enjoyment to the game itself. They only make it 'easier and more fluid'.

Sorry I had to bust ya!! And it's true reviewers are disagreeing with you %100 saying Mario Tennis has the sloppier controls.

But I can really see what you were expecting, Mario Tennis with Wii Sports controls would have been endless fun!! But Nintendo decided to be lazy and not focus on the controls much which is really disappointing because this was in my top 10 most anticipated games this year. It WAS....

Frustration in the sense that you have to hold the pointer at the screen.

Why would pointing at the screen cause frustration? It's not like you have to hold your arm up in the air all of the time to point, you rest it on your lap and control the pointer with small wrist movements.

I sense me going to the store this weekend (possibly Friday as this game doesn't come out for me until Thursday anyways) and I will pick up Mad World and Pikmin for sure.

Resident Evil 5 too hehe..and then March break!

Back