scarface and godfather

kmcheng

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2007
I am playing godfather now (for a few months already), and enjoy it. I never think a one player game can be played for such long time (you know, do extortions, hit contracts and other side works besides the main story line).

I want to know, compare to godfather, how is scarface? Same fun? What are the difference between them?

Well i like scarface sort of reminds me of grand theft auto in a way. there is alot of missions, nice cars, and has nice controls.

is godfather free roam?

Never played scarface myself but from what I've seen godfather is a lot more melee oriented. Correct me if I'm wrong but scarface doesn't have all the cool melee motions that godfather does.

Godfather is one of the best games to actually utilize the wiimote IMO.

Gampla said:
Well i like scarface sort of reminds me of grand theft auto in a way. there is alot of missions, nice cars, and has nice controls.

is godfather free roam?

what do you mean free roam?

and I agree that so much motion and gesture control in godfather is what is the fun of play it with Wii

Im stuck @ the training mission scene right at the start of the game!!!! Ive had about 10 go`s at it & just cant get past it-the follow through punch as told to do so by Luca Brassi. Is it really something easy or what am I doing wrong??

Ive had the guy down-strangled him, nutted him but he just wont die & Im a big fan of the Godfather films so I want to get on at this.

Any help would be superb

How do these games compare to MAFIA? Mafia (the PC version) is one of my all time favorite games. Seems like these two might be similar.

Godfather to Mafia... hmmmmh yeah they're really very similar. But hands down, Mafia's still the better game. It's the story that delivers.
Don't get me wrong, Godfather has a good story, too, but the Mafia story was simply epic.
How ever, The Godfather is a lot more brutal than Mafia, and you have a lot more freedom in the city, and you can customize your protagonist as you wish. There's always a lot of stuff to do, such as taking over enemy locations, taking out enemy warehouses to get some extra cash, starting a mob war, robbing some banks, and and and... Or you can just run around and go postal. Really, in The Godfather, you won't get tired so fast.

@ kmcheng A free roaming game is a game in which you can go everywhere and do everything at every time, like in GTA. Another word would be a sandbox game.

@ willowbank if I remember right, you have to throw one of the guys over the ledges.

Last edited:
My thoughts are that scarface is much better
I like the controls much more and you can even have guys help oyu with stuff and go to other places

but as I watched the preview videos, scarface is mainly use the machine gun (M16?) to keep shooting people, or use chainsaw to cut people up, not as fun as Godfather, which you can do a lot of stuffs like secumfex said.

Regarding Godfather: Blackhand and Scarface: TWIY, both are great games and will keep you busy for a good while. Godfather is the game you want if you're more of the torture-prone, brute force kind of person. The game definitely lives up to the name. You likely won't find a better control scheme for a shooter (or maybe any game) on the Wii. If you prefer shoot first, shoot some more, then ask questions, Scarface is your game. Scarface involves a LOT of running from the police, and is centered around cocaine smuggling. Godfather is centered around extortion and respect while working your way up the corporate mafia ladder. Godfather's music gets bland after a short time, while Scarface has a massive soundtrack featuring a few unlockable songs. It includes the movie soundtrack and a long list of other '80s, Reggae, and Cuban Jazz hits from artists such as Earth, Wind & Fire; Rick James; The Latin Brothers; and Third World (if the music matters to you).

Something else that might be worth pointing out; anyone know if Al Pacino has something against video games or otherwise reprising roles? He didn't provide the voice for Tony Montana in Scarface: TWIY, and he wasn't the voice or likeness for Michael Corleone in Godfather: Blackhand.

Back