Screen too bright...am I doing something wrong?

Raqoon

WiiChat Member
May 22, 2010
Hi folks,

I just bought a new Wii system...but I am having some trouble with getting it working properly. I don't like calling support lines, I never have luck with them, since i usually know more about what is going on than the person on the other end of the phone.

I have the unit all hooked up, but the menu screen is so bright I cannot read any of the 'icons'. I have tried adjusting the settings on my television, and this makes very little difference, other than making the screen dimmer. (still unreadable) I am using the cord that came with the unit. I have a PS3, a sattelite receiver, and an antenna all hooked into the television and they all look fine with the way the TV is set (Brightness and Contrast are both set to 50%) Backlight is on medium.

I do not see anywhere in the manual how to turn down the brightness/contrast settings on the unit itself, as this appears to be the problem. Am I missing something or is it possible I have a defective unit?

I have not tried any games in it yet, because I do not want to be hassled by the store if I end up returning it if it is indeed faulty, or incompatible with my television.

The TV is a 42" Viewsonic LCD 1080P

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited:
Ends up the problem was my surround sound receiver (typical Sony junk) not passing the video signals through properly to my TV.

I connected the system directly to the TV and it all looks fine now.

Ends up the problem was my surround sound receiver (typical Sony junk) not passing the video signals through properly to my TV.

I connected the system directly to the TV and it all looks fine now.
congrat u, to solve the problem

Back