SD card won't read on Wii

Metalthrashingmark

METAL THRASHING MANIAC
Feb 18, 2007
Long Island,N.Y
Wii Online Code
1702-7085-5888-0476
I did a search on this for an hour.

I have a PNY 2GB sd card works fine in my camera but will not work on the wii.
It's not on lock,it's does show that it has 18000 memory blocks, but will not bring up any of the pictures or video that I have on it.

Any comments,suggestions,hints,etc.on how this will work,will be greatly appreciated.Thanks

All I can say is try looking in the troubleshooting section and hope they have an answer for u. Or u can run an update for ur wii usually memory cards won't read on a non-updated system.

Having same problem. I have a rocketfish (best Buy) 2G card....no worky. Vendor suggests wii not compatible with high speed SD cards....can't find that said anywhere.

If you have any luck pls let me know.

scottc108

Make sure you put the SD card in the same way you put in a Disc [Picture facing to the right]

Or u can run an update for ur wii usually memory cards won't read on a non-updated system
- That could work Also!

I have done update. disk is inserted correctly....just got off the phone with nintendo "customer support"....nothing noted anywhere in nintendo "help system"....going to buy standard (non-highspeed) card to see if that works...

NEW INFO!!!!

The el cheapo "Standard Speed" SD Card I just bought, worked perfectly. The High Speed (166x) SD Card was the problem. Seems the Wii is not capable of working with the High Speed SD Cards. No One mentions this in any literature or forum that I've found.

Also worth noting: If you have an older gamecube game and wish to save your place in that game you must also have a Gamecube Memory Card. It will not save to the SD Card....and is not clearly explained that way in the manual.

Hopes this helps.

Back