SD Card

mabhz

WiiChat Member
Apr 8, 2007
Hi folks..

sorry for the very basic newbie type of question, but im finishing up a online purchase on newegg right now and would appreciate a answer...

do i REALLY need to use a Wii SD card, like the expensive Sandisk, or ANY brand will do?? The price range is enormous!!

Im thinking about the Adata one.

Is there a "compatibility" issue involved here???

thanks!!

I don't think it matters really
Just make sure its SD
any size should do....
I have a 1 GB one that I used the other night to back up Mario Kart and then put it right back in my camera

Hope this helps

i tried poppinh in another 1 and it said it couldnt read it so i suppose the answer is yes , however i did a few searches and noticed other mem cards say wii compatible, worth just looking for

hmmmm.............. anyone else had compatibility problems????
i was thinking about the 2 gb Kingston, available at Newegg for 17U$. At circuit city it costs 30U$!!!!!

im pretty sure all sd cards work u might need to format the cards

i bought a sd card at radio shack and it didnt say wii on the box i paid 30 bucks for a 2 giger

30 bucks?? thats a rip off!! its 19.00 at newegg.com.

Anyone tried the Kingston 2Gb on Wii?

By the way, could someone please tell me if 2Gb is enought or i need the 4Gb one??? I have 5 PS2 memory cards and NO WAY i want to keep purchasing these things on Wii like i did on PS2!!!

mabhz said:
Anyone tried the Kingston 2Gb on Wii?

By the way, could someone please tell me if 2Gb is enought or i need the 4Gb one??? I have 5 PS2 memory cards and NO WAY i want to keep purchasing these things on Wii like i did on PS2!!!
4 gb does not work on Wii yet

Any SD, Mini SD, and Micro SD card will work with the Wii up to 2 GB.

Personally the only use I have had for an SD card is to listen to my own music in Excite truck.

Thanks for you info, AZ, but let me ask you: is this absolutely sure thing? any brand or model of SD card will work on wii????

many people have read posts in foruns saying that this or that card didnt work.

You said the only use is for in-game. DOnt i need it for savegames, browser info, mii, etc, etc,???

It doesn't matter on the brand/model Period.

You cant do anything with miis with a SD Card

All you can do with a SD card is back up your channels/save data, edit pictures and/or short video clips in teh photo channel, play your own music from it on excite truck.

Not worth purchasing a SD card right now in my mind

Retman said:
It doesn't matter on the brand/model Period.

You cant do anything with miis with a SD Card

All you can do with a SD card is back up your channels/save data, edit pictures and/or short video clips in teh photo channel, play your own music from it on excite truck.

Not worth purchasing a SD card right now in my mind

That's about all the SD card is needed for at this time. You can use it to View and Edit pictures, Listen to music in Excite Truck It's the only game I know of that it works in. You can also save VC games to an SD card if you want. Other than that there is really not need for one as of now.

AZ_Wii_Tard said:
That's about all the SD card is needed for at this time. You can use it to View and Edit pictures, Listen to music in Excite Truck It's the only game I know of that it works in. You can also save VC games to an SD card if you want. Other than that there is really not need for one as of now.

Dude, you just repeated me :sick: point?

Retman said:
short video clips

If I convert a whole movie and copy it to SD card, will that work?
Or only short clips as stated above?

also
Does anyone know where I can get cheap SD cards and SD card readers online in the UK for cheap? Amazon Marketplace is really confusing for this sd card >.<

Back