Sd Card

Brownies

\\Slash Bros.//
Jul 25, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2970-3563-4519-6293
Im lookin to buy an sd card and i was wondering if i should watch which one i buy because i see alot of ppl haveing problems with it, i have an internet connection and i have the latest updates so i hope there wont be a problem i just wanted to know

1) is it worth getting?
2) what can i do with it besides save games?
3) do i have to do anything to make it work?

Well you are better if you get a digital camera with a sd card then you can store videos and photos usinfg the photo channel.

Brownies said:
Im lookin to buy an sd card and i was wondering if i should watch which one i buy because i see alot of ppl haveing problems with it, i have an internet connection and i have the latest updates so i hope there wont be a problem i just wanted to know

1) is it worth getting?
2) what can i do with it besides save games?
3) do i have to do anything to make it work?

I don't think you can save games on it. I don't have it but other people say that you can only store photos and videos on it.

videos as in i can put movies on it then watch them?

SD card purpose

Woah...lots of speculation on the SD card. Here is what you can do and why you need one for the Wii

1. The Wii flash Memory is only 512Mb, now you can get 1 Gig and 2 Gig SD card and keep your saved game files on the card so you don't run out of space on the Wii memory

2. You can put Photos on the SD card, but this only works in the photo channel so far. Good for slide shows on your T.V. if you have family and friends wanting to see pictures taken from a digital camera. You can also set music to the slide show, but see point #3.

3. Music- Yes, you can put mp3's on the SD card, but make sure the files are not corrupt. Certain games like Excite Truck allows you to use your mp3 files and you can play your music in the photo channel slide shows

4. Saved Game Files- Want everything unlocked on certain games? look for saved game files on gamefaqs.com and you can put those saved files on the SD card and load them onto the Wii so everything is unlocked without the long hours and frustration of actually playing the game!!!

5. Make sure the SD card is white and has Wii on it or it might not work. Haven't tried regular SD card yet, only the approved Wii SD card.

Hope this helps
Optix-Reverb

SD card purpose

Woah...lots of speculation on the SD card. Here is what you can do and why you need one for the Wii

1. The Wii flash Memory is only 512Mb, now you can get 1 Gig and 2 Gig SD card and keep your saved game files on the card so you don't run out of space on the Wii memory

2. You can put Photos on the SD card, but this only works in the photo channel so far. Good for slide shows on your T.V. if you have family and friends wanting to see pictures taken from a digital camera. You can also set music to the slide show, but see point #3.

3. Music- Yes, you can put mp3's on the SD card, but make sure the files are not corrupt. Certain games like Excite Truck allows you to use your mp3 files as music in the game and you can play your music in the photo channel slide shows

4. Saved Game Files- Want everything unlocked on certain games? look for saved game files on gamefaqs.com and you can put those saved files on the SD card and load them onto the Wii so everything is unlocked without the long hours and frustration of actually playing the game!!!

5. Make sure the SD card is white and has Wii on it or it might not work. Haven't tried regular SD card yet, only the approved Wii SD card.

Hope this helps
Optix-Reverb

i have a blue sd card it came in a pack of 4 512mb and they work fine i got them from wal-mart in the photo place in the store

I dont understand all this sd card stuff considering i have never had one and i have lots of games and lots of vc games saved onto my wii and it hasn't even come close to taking up much space.

you may just play nes game and snes games more then n64 i have 2 n64 game and they take up about 400blocks

look I bought a regular sd card for $30 1 gb sale at office depo and you are able to store photos, videos, music not games so i returned it. wii sd card save games thats it .

This was a short version of what you needed to know.

Ronald said:
oh ok, actually ur right. I dont have ne n64 only sega nes and snes.
Cool there small so dont take lots of space

but the sd card is to put chanles on and get game saves everything is on the wii

optix-reverb said:

Hope this helps
Optix-Reverb

Why would you want a Nintendo brand (or white with wii on it as you put it) sd? By buying a Nintendo brand one you will have limited warranty on it and pay more. I suggest instead going to a computer store and buying a decent brand like Kingston. On a good brand you will get between 5 years - a lifetime warranty, and pay less than a Nintendo one.

I really don't see the point in buying an SD card you'll only use on your Wii to save games with, seems excessive.

if you do know need one do not get it but try to find a 512 sd cardjust in cace if you have to back up a game

Back