Second Thoughts about Wii

Geno said:
aye dont worry the wii is gettin its online play. and once that happens it will easily secure the throne. plus later this month or sometime soon. the wii is gettin internet explorer added. and i dont c that on the other consoles yet.

Ps3 has a browser that was there from launch. And the online comonent of the Wii will never even come CLOSE to what XBox Live has to offer.

xbox live is great online yes. but o its not free! if u want to go saying stuff about ps3 right now, the ps3 has basically teh same features of online but its free. i hate ps3 so i hate to say it but ps3 is better than 360 right now. ok. im out pce

Geno said:
xbox live is great online yes. but o its not free! if u want to go saying stuff about ps3 right now, the ps3 has basically teh same features of online but its free. i hate ps3 so i hate to say it but ps3 is better than 360 right now. ok. im out pce
I doubt PS3's online will be better than XBox's.

i love the wii, i was a PS man until this PS3 and its rediculous pricing, i had to get another system because my PS2 was starting to crap on me, but i cant wait to see the other channels the wii have to offer in the future i can only see more pure fun

muftak78 said:
Wii is built for games. Not to watch movies, play music, or do all the other things a pc can do. Nintendo have alwasy been about games. When are you PS/Xbox fanboys gonna get over it? Sure the PS3 and Xbox 360 have better graphics, but all your games are direct ports from PS2 and Xbox.

In a few years graphics will get to point where they are so realistic that there they won't bet able to go any further. Then what? PS and Xbox will be the same looking consoles graphic-wise. Nintendo is finding ways to improve gameplay. What's the point of having a great looking game if the gameplay sucks?

As for the Wii contols, i'd rather use skill to beat a game, rather than tap a button 10 times on a PS/Xbox controller. How hard is it to sit on your fat backside and tap the same button and move your thumb 3 times? Try waving the Wiimote around, aiming at the screen, and then you might have accomplished something yourself.

this guys got a point!

muftack amen. nintendo rules! wii conquers!

ftcmark said:
You got ti 100% there, I completely agree.

yep... my does exactly what he described far better than a 360... infact... I'll post a NFS carbon piccy for you all to drool over :)

by the way let see who can figure out which one is the PC which one is the PS3 and which is the 360...

p.s. dont look for the gamespot logos as one of the images was from a different source so you wont be able to use that to see which is PC 360 or PS3

nfs-carbon-3.jpg

nfs-carbon-2.jpg

NFS-Carbon1.jpg

all hosted on my photobucket to stop people following the source :p

Where's the Wii one you had in the thread you just started?

therook said:
yep... my does exactly what he described far better than a 360... infact... I'll post a NFS carbon piccy for you all to drool over :)

by the way let see who can figure out which one is the PC which one is the PS3 and which is the 360...

p.s. dont look for the gamespot logos as one of the images was from a different source so you wont be able to use that to see which is PC 360 or PS3

nfs-carbon-3.jpg

nfs-carbon-2.jpg

NFS-Carbon1.jpg

all hosted on my photobucket to stop people following the source :p

i dont know but i know that the last pic looks the best to me.

good choice... I hadn't thought about it but on the 3rd pick you can see my name... and I dont review games for any company/website so um yea the 3rd one is my pc :)

LolygagerX said:
Well think about it guys.... The Wii is not as cool as we all expected... Or not as cool as i expected... I have an Xbox 360 and it total owns Wii in graphics.. Online... And Digital Media... The Wii totaly sucks... And if not then refresh my memory on how cool the Wii is... Please
hmm..don't get the console wars though it's fun to read some of the silly posts as much as some you...me like to write them. At a basic level,I see the Wii as just another option to gaming and a small part of my general entertainment - these games/systems are not the second coming of Christ.

Right now I dub Wii cooler because it's more addictive, fun for the average player and nintendo got me to spend my money. Why? I was one of those folks who played the occasional game on a ps2/xbox/game advance. Also for the past few years, I'd made fun of the hardcore gamers standing/camping in line for hours for a game console but guess what? - after playing a demo of Wii/pS3 at my local game shop,I,Pettybo was standing in line at the crack of dawn on a Sunday morning (S-U-N-D-A-Y) shivering in the cold and twitching inside a bit like a crack whore waiting to get my paws on a Wii on launch day. :crazy:

LolygagerX said:
Well think about it guys.... The Wii is not as cool as we all expected... Or not as cool as i expected... I have an Xbox 360 and it total owns Wii in graphics.. Online... And Digital Media... The Wii totaly sucks... And if not then refresh my memory on how cool the Wii is... Please

I see where you're coming from, but give it some time. There's a lot of good games coming up and the online capabilities will develop. The xbox didn't launch with a mature online system - it took MS some time to get that going. N may be late to the table, but I think if folks give them some time, they'll come through. So, as more features and VC titles mature, there will be more reason to change your mind.

To be honest, if N wasn't working on so much for the Wii, I don't think I'd have bought it.

Back