wii mania

TheHotChick

WiiChat Member
Jan 22, 2007
NY
I got my Wii yesterday, and have been learning more about it every second. It's a really cool machine. The graphics are astounding compared to Gamecube, the remote is out of this world, but there's something weird about how everyone talks about it. The games are fun, but everyone's always talking about how the games show how awesome the Wii is... it's weird. Can't it just be a great game? Can anyone tell me with a straight face that Elebits is cool without adding how amazing the Wii is used FOR Elebits. Just a thought. I'm proud of Zelda pulling it together though, the game is beautifully done. I hope it'll be a fun play for me. I'm hoping that Wii will release alot of great, perhaps ONLINE, games.
Quick question for anyone that has their Wii online already: Where can I find a wireless internet connection for my Wii, and is it expensive/is it the only thing i need to be online?

it depends how you wish to connect your wii to the internet, Weather you already have a wireless setup or you are considering one.

considering one, i have no wireless setup yet. what do i need? what can you DO with the internet connection?

Excellent... I have a new wireless router too. Well, I need to set security on it first. The neighbours have been hacking in. We know its them, heck we can SEE them doing it... yet, we can't exactly run over their and yell at them. We can just cut them off, look over at them and laugh and point... I just realised how sad that sounds... I need to get out more.

Ekiushi said:
Excellent... I have a new wireless router too. Well, I need to set security on it first. The neighbours have been hacking in. We know its them, heck we can SEE them doing it... yet, we can't exactly run over their and yell at them. We can just cut them off, look over at them and laugh and point... I just realised how sad that sounds... I need to get out more.

yeah.. you would want them stealing your connection.. many people do that now.. its so not right :hand:. but yeah, all you need to do it set up a password so they cant get in :lol:

Buy a WRT54G broadband router by Linksys and hook up with that,Follow the setup disk and you shouldnt have any problems.You will need to cahnge the channel from 6 to 11 and it should work great.

okay so all i need is a wireless router, then just plug it into the wii or whatever? thats it? sounds simple.

I have been telling my brother to set up security for the wireless. He started doing it early today, not entirely sure why he stopped though.

Outstanding luck with a Netgear Wireless Router for 39.99. Hell, that's the same cose as Nintendo WiFi USB Connector.

thanks everyone.
whats so great about the internet connection? can you go online and look at sites etc? or is it just purchasing from the video arcade?

you can browse the internet using the opera browser. download videos from places like youtube, look at pictures, listen to music. etc.

awesome. i tried to get an int. connection at my local eb games today, but they were out of stock, so i just got rayman lol. is it good?? (rayman)

Back