Sega: Sonic is the only playable character in Project Needlemouse

Glitch yes. But why does the glitch happen. Because Sonic moves too fast for the games "camera" to keep up, therefor I rest my case.

And that last bit sounded borderline insult...

All I know is, if I could come up with new ideas for Sega, Sonic games would start feeling 10 times better. Yeah, I said it.
I came up with one and Sega them selfs (well the one that does Twitter for them) read it
I can tell because of the viewing logs on my Moaning sod site.

The only way to have the camera in a 3D Sonic game is behind him when hes running

No dude, it's a glitch because the programming is messed up. He still moves just as fast as Mario. Also, I highly doubt you could do better than the professionals. You might like it better, but it won't necessarily be better overall.

I think I would do better, because allthough I disagree with you, I know a lot of Sonic fans are like you and I know I can come closer to pleasing everyone than they have.

And he does run faster. It's when hitting a combination of shuttle loops and steep hills he accelerates faster than the camera can go. Besides, Nintendo made it to where Mario runs faster in Super Mario World cause the kids wanted speed. Basically it was because of Sonic. And if you compare SMW to the first and second Sonic games then yeah, Sonics just a smidge faster. But in Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles there is no comparison.

. . . from what I can remember he runs no faster in Sonic 3 & Knuckles than he does in the other games.

And even so the glitches in the new games come from speed. If you took the Super Mario 64 engine, which was pretty much a perfect transition from 2D to 3D, and sped it up to super sonic speeds, it would likely have as many glitches as the original Sonic Adventure. It's not until they slow that down that they will have a shot at getting rid of the glitches.

Also, the glitches don't appear until you do something differently from the exact path the developers intended, and when you stray away from that even a little bit the speedy engine freaks out. That's in the 3D games when they started to focus more on speed.

they could mix up side scrolling with 3d running like they did in Unleashed. That way, it can appeal to all players.

And to all this talk about comparing Marios speed to Sonic's:
Its not like Marios gonna be in the game so what does it matter? Even in 2D Mario games, he could never in ANY way touch sonics speed. And even if the rings and jumps were all for effect, it sure beat the crap out of the boring running in the Mario games

Last edited:
Doomsteady, he did indeed touch Sonic's speed. I agree that Sonic was more fun, but not because of speed. That's the point I'm making.

If they were to include any other character, I would say Knuckles and make his missions like the werehog levels in Unleashed.

If they were to include any other character, I would say Knuckles and make his missions like the werehog levels in Unleashed.
That's the worst idea I've ever heard. Besides it's a 2D sidescroller, get with the program.

That's the worst idea I've ever heard. Besides it's a 2D sidescroller, get with the program.

Well in that case they could do it like they did Sonic Advanced for the gba. That game was pretty fun. And knuckles was in it.

It's beeing done like the Genesis games.

You haven't heard very many ideas then. At any rate I like Knuckles stages from SA and SA2. [/offtopic]

No I'd like playing as Knuckles, but not with werehog type gameplay.

Oh I know, I'm not saying it'd be a GOOD idea necessarily, just that there are MUCH worse ideas =P

Whatever yo, Im just glad there comin out with a new classic sonic game. But Ive been checking this project out and its sounds pretty generic. I hope its a disc game and not just some refurbished wiiware title

Nice avatar BODINE. I love Superjail

Last edited:
Back