selling my wii, need advices

Are you trying to sell it or just start a fuss?

"My Wii is Boring"
The most unnecessary comment in the whole thing. Who cares?
Also, the Wii has been out for a little less then a year. 360 owners were singing a similar tune about this time in it's life span.

Have patience, man!

Hm. I was going to say something else... But I forgot...
By the way, did you play Bioshock on the PC? I got the demo, but it's frame-rate was rather sluggish... Sad...

AtomicB said:
By the way, did you play Bioshock on the PC? I got the demo, but it's frame-rate was rather sluggish... Sad...

Well, it has to do with the game in a sorts running through a sort of 360 emulator. It's a problem that has to do with most console-to-PC ports, in that the PC versions will always seem to run a little sluggish no matter how good your PC is.

vi3tmix said:
Well, it has to do with the game in a sorts running through a sort of 360 emulator. It's a problem that has to do with most console-to-PC ports, in that the PC versions will always seem to run a little sluggish no matter how good your PC is.

Never heard of the game being emulated on the PC through some kind of 360 virtualization. I don't believe this is the case - while PC's and 360's share a bit of the same architecture, development for the PC version is a ground up effort, just like the 360 version.

The +big+ difference with consoles is they provide a standard, reference platform - they don't change (minus small firmware revisions), they're a fixed target. Developers can use every trick to optimize the game engine, knowing it not going to break because of some common, but untested hardware combination. Consoles also are optimized for games, vs. general computing. PC's have a number of abstraction layers for dealing with modular hardware, unknown peripherals, 3rd party drivers, etc.

Bioshock is also using a fairly advanced shading engine, and if it's not supported in hardware, it suffers a severe performance hit.

I saw Bioshock on a stout PC with an NVidia 8xxx series card, Vista/DX10, etc., and it looked incredible at 1680x1050, but that was a pretty expensive gaming tuned rig (the videocard was as much as a 360). It looked noticeably better than the 360 too.

My reasonably quick, primary dev machine ran Bioshock like poop. :lol:

Has everyone seen the Gears of War PC demo? It uses the original, higher res textures, has better frame rate, you name it vs. the PS3 version, but it needs a monsterous machine to run it at high res with a decent fps.

Back