Sent an email to Nintendo Yesterday, Got a Reply Back Today

SatAM Guy

WiiChat Member
Jan 25, 2009
Message: I was reading about the SD card update, and some sits say, Wii Storage Solution Allows Loading, Playing Games From SD Cards, and others say, we'll be able to download content to the SD card and then, through easier processes, play the games on Wii. I hope it's the first one. Also can you release more then 1 or 2 Virtual Console games a week?

Reply: Hello Aaron,

I can appreciate your concerns regarding the Wii console’s internal memory capacity, but at this time no official plans to expand or augment it have been announced. As this issue is important to you, however, I will be happy to pass along your comments to the appropriate department for further review.

If we announce plans in the future for an external storage device (such as a USB drive or an external hard drive), or a way to save directly to or transfer data directly from an SD Card, we’ll be sure to post this information to our website (www.nintendo.com). Be sure to check our site often for all the latest Nintendo news.

With regards to Virtual Console titles, please keep in mind that there are various factors involved with releasing older game titles on the Wii’s Virtual Console. We average about 10 new Virtual Console titles per month, which means that some months will see more than 10 new releases and others less than 10 new releases. I will, however, be sure to share your feedback regarding this issue to the appropriate personnel for further review. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

T. J. Geise
Nintendo of America Inc.

Very nice. Someone actually read your email and replied (as opposed to just pasting in something along the lines of "We have received your email and want to thank you for your interest, however...)

-hank

Back