Nintendo Wii - Hard Drive On The Way?

tomqman

The Evil Of Nintendo
Nov 29, 2006
U.K.
Wii Online Code
0430-9009-6263-5525
It was reported in an earlier post that Nintendo will make a big hardware announcement at the upcoming E3 show. Well, according to a recent IGN podcast, forthcoming NEO GEO virtual console games will exceed previous file sizes, which leads the IGN crew to speculate that Nintendo could be about to unveil a new Wii hard drive sometime soon. Coincidence? Many Wii owners would love a hard drive for their console instead of having to perhaps juggle titles around with SD cards. And with new downloadable games with larger file sizes on the horizon, a hard drive for the Wii would come in very handy.
News source: gonintendo.com

lol man i bloody hope so... come on ninty!

Depends on how big the demo's will be and what other stuff nintendo will pull of with the channels.

Than well see if I want this baby or not ;)

Yeah I hope this turns out true also, makes song storage in Guitar Hero 3 and a demo channel more feasible. Nice find! ;)

Last edited:
Nintendo are trying to take pages out of 360's book but make them better, they have already confirmed they are bringing out a Wii Marketplace Channel.

Eagles said:
Yeah I hope this turns out true also, makes song storage in Guitar Hero 3 more and a demo channel more feasible. Nice find! ;)
4gt bowt GH, yeah bring it on!

Eh, I don't really need a HDD for it as I don't download any VC games. (thats what emulators are for :)) So unless they also unveil something that makes the HDD worth having I doubt I will get one. They should put it in the consoles from the beginning or not have them at all.

Paintball your always so negative.....

You just said you personally wouldn't need a HDD as your not interested in the VC. So why suggest that they should put one on the console or not at all? Surely this method, by adding an additional unit, is much better for you as you don't have to pay as much for the console?

A HDD would be good. Considering how good the online is for Mario Strikers Charged I think, finally, nintendo might be getting there act together with online features. It'll probably take off big with Smash Bros. Brawl.

hope they do coz ive got loads of the retro games dwnlded and i need more space.

GAMES
LozTP, COD3, Marvel UA, Far Cry vengeance, Mario SCF, Sonic ATSR and wii sports

just imagina, not even have to burn your ripped games anymore, just place em on hd .... oh...

It would make a lot of things possible that aren't with the current memory limitations. Hopefully they're right, though they are just speculating.

DazzeL said:
Paintball your always so negative.....

You just said you personally wouldn't need a HDD as your not interested in the VC. So why suggest that they should put one on the console or not at all? Surely this method, by adding an additional unit, is much better for you as you don't have to pay as much for the console?

A HDD would be good. Considering how good the online is for Mario Strikers Charged I think, finally, nintendo might be getting there act together with online features. It'll probably take off big with Smash Bros. Brawl.
I can be negative if I want to. I guess I would rather have a console that had an internal HDD. If there were two, one as they are now, and one with an internal HDD I would probably buy the one with the HDD. But I doubt I will buy an external one. I guess I'm just crazy. :crazy: I hope they do get the online running so I actually have a reason to turn on my Wii.

warlord said:
hey paintballer can u make me a skin plz coz urs r quality
Skin?

I think a hard drive would be adisater for Nintendo. If it was required to play certain games it would limit the audience which goes against what the Wii stands for. It would make me angry if Id to shell out for a new hard drive. I couldnt imagine what Id do if they pulled a Microsoft and start releasing new versions with beefed up hard drives.

Back