wii need a hard drive nintendo

no not you man, your cool. was talking to the forum cop.

i agree. there should be a hard drive of some sort.

SpeedDevil said:
no not you man, your cool. was talking to the forum cop.

i agree. there should be a hard drive of some sort.

Thanks your like the 7 person that told me that. cool
But i think the sizes should be
1 not much of a gamer 512mb
2.Kind of a gamer 1-2Gb
3.Major gamer 12gb
and you can run the games off of the hdd
but the one with the sd card makes no sence because it only get 10mb sc to it or something like that

Let's settle this debate

Even for those who don't care about there being an HD for the Wii, it does need some sort of external storage, and the Secure Digital card is not going to cut it

The Wii hard drive dosen't have to be a litteral hard drive with magnetic coated spinning platters, it could be a box full of PROM chips (or whatever the chip is used as the internal storage in the Wii) that connects to the Wii via USB, this could be a portable flash drive sticking out the back of the Wii (even though I would personally think an enclosed box would be better), it could be phantom powered or require an external power source, though phantom powered would be better, so it dosen't matter how it's made, as long as it stores data and connects via USB

Think of what the Wii's internal memory is going towards, if you are thinking "well, I don't play VC games, all I do is play Wii games and make Miis", that is still using the internal memory, so in all you play is Wii games, and you play a lot of Wii games, even you may be in need of some external storage, some things that use the Wii's internal memory are...

*Wii Ware Channels (This does not include VC games, this only includes channels like the internet channel, weather channel, news channel, etc.)

*VC games

*Miis (yes, you can store them in the little memory the Wiimotes have, but they still stick on the Wii's internal memory until erased, the more Miis you have, the less space you have on memory, even though it dosen't take up that much space)

*Game saves (whenever you play a Wii game and you save, you're saving to the Wii's internal memory, some games take more space than others, and if you have a large collection of Wii games, you have a large chunk of used space in the internal memory)

*Random channels (you may have some channels that don't fit into any of the categories above, no matter what channel it is, it is using the internal memory)

*Misc. (If I have missed anything, or if there is other things that are saved on your Wii, chances are it is saved on your Wii's internal memory)

So even if you don't download a single VC game, the other use alone is enough to use up all your internal memory requiring you to use some sort of external memory/storage, and for those of you who do download a lot of VC games, but you think you have a lot of space because you have blocks in the quadruple digits, dosen't mean it's going to be that way for long (I learned the hard way, and now, not only do I not have enough space for another N64 game, I am limited on what Wii games I can save)

mushy_peas said:
erm isnt theres like a hundred threads on a wii harddrive

that's probably an understatement mushy ... flash storage is the way to go ... I can see a USB flash drive formatted for the Wii in the future, but an actual hard disc drive ... not so much. I mean, Nintendo uses very little moving parts as possible for a reason.

icould care less bout threads i mean the storge is great! gamecube didnt have this and it sucked i love wii quit complaining

gunsnroses said:
icould care less bout threads i mean the storge is great! gamecube didnt have this and it sucked i love wii quit complaining

yes sir, mighty 14 year-old.:worship:

kenosando said:
yes sir, mighty 14 year-old.:worship:
lol i see ur location arkansas maybe ur mad because the lsu tigers own your football team every year anyway dont be a little jerk dude :D

gunsnroses said:
lol i see ur location arkansas maybe ur mad because the lsu tigers own your football team every year anyway dont be a little jerk dude :D

LSU does me a favor by owning Arkansas every year - I am an Auburn fan (that's where I am originally from).

and you all keep riding this high horse the media has given you ... reality checks suck...

oh and to stay on topic, I like the idea of a stand/dock/hard drive (or other form of storage) in the future, so it doesn't add any more clutter to my already cluttered entertainment center.

The Wii really should have come with a hard drive. Didn't anyone at Nintendo realise that downloading VC games and new channels would fill up that little flash drive fairly quickly?

i know, its kind of odd that they left it out of the design..

and i havent used an sd card in my wii before so i cant comment how slow it may be to read from...

but sd cards can be quite big nowadays, i dont know the maximum but i know 8gb ones are available, which could be a start, especially if you are only saving VC games to it..

GaryT85 said:
i know, its kind of odd that they left it out of the design..

and i havent used an sd card in my wii before so i cant comment how slow it may be to read from...

but sd cards can be quite big nowadays, i dont know the maximum but i know 8gb ones are available, which could be a start, especially if you are only saving VC games to it..

They'd be fantastic, if you could play games off the card directly.

I dont know why we need wether and news and the photo chanle. thoes could be all downloads. all we need is for chanles
is
Internet
Disk
Mii's
Shop
VC games

and with the games saves they could be smaller.
but ya.

if we used the sd cards to read the games off of it would be very slow.
Just get a frim were update that would usb disk sport for hdd and flash drives. i dont mind to have a external hdd.

There were planning one for the n64 but they canlesed it

Bigjake52 said:
I dont know why we need wether and news and the photo chanle. thoes could be all downloads.
Well, for us... we don't download/play any virtual-console games, but we actually use Weather and News pretty regularly.

Back