Shall i get wii or ps3?

I would suggest waiting. Neither the Wii nor the PS3 has any amazing games out right now.

If you have to have a system though, and want the system with the nicest goods. Then get the PS3. The wiis technology is 4 years old, its graphics are incredibly outdated. The Wiis strong point is in its controller and the games are not masterpieces. They are fun but not for anyone looking for depthy games. The PS3 does have some nice titles coming out for it, FF being a great one.

The PS3 will be hard to get later also when theres a greater demand for it. By the way, if your not ready to spend 600 on a multi-media device. I would suggest getting the psp.

Yes i know a lot of wiiboys will flame me, because their epeens are at stake. But i like all the systems for their strong points. PS3 has more of a future than the wii, so its initial investment will be worth it in the long run, compared to the short term fun offered by the wii.

Jorge said:
I would buy a 360 over a PS3. BTW if your TV isn't full 1080p don't buy a PS3. True some of the games are in 720p, but there is no point in spending that much money if you don't have a TV that can fully display every game.
I bought 360 4months ago and i had to exchange/fix/use warranty 6 times within 4 months due to freezing/red lights/disc reading problem.

I have a coffin of my xbox360 that MS sent me so I can send back to MS for repair. Again, this is 6th times within 4 months.
So i got sick of how much xbox360 has problem and that's why I am selling xbox360 for $180 at gamestop and get either wii or ps3.

I loved gears of war for xbox360 and also expected to get halo3, bioshock, alan wake but no matter how good those games are, if the system breaks, that's the end of the game.:wtf:

It mainly depends on the factors that interest you: Price, Graphics, Gameplay ext. The Wii is $250 while the PS3 is $500-600. The PS3 clearly has better graphics while the Wii has better gameplay. So as I said, it depends on what you like. Also consider an X-Box 360...it has the graphics and the gameplay.

A Wii and a 360 amounts to only $50 more than the PS3, which is a fantastic deal.

Buy A Wii!!!

the wii cousts less and it can go on the internet, shop for games,have corect percecns in weather and gess what.....im useing one right now!:ee5k: :thumbsup:

FR. said:
It mainly depends on the factors that interest you: Price, Graphics, Gameplay ext. The Wii is $250 while the PS3 is $500-600. The PS3 clearly has better graphics while the Wii has better gameplay. So as I said, it depends on what you like. Also consider an X-Box 360...it has the graphics and the gameplay.

A Wii and a 360 amounts to only $50 more than the PS3, which is a fantastic deal.

Um.... ok. The first step towards safe commenting. Read the entire thread.

The OP said he already owns a 360 and doesnt like it.

Buy A Wii!!!

the wii cousts less and it can go on the internet, shop for games,have corect percecns in weather and gess what.....im useing one right now!

Buy a dictionary!!!
I normally dont care about spelling but my god, get an education! It helps when wanting people to actually consider what you have to say rather than looking over it. Basically, if you want to be taken seriously, dont type like a preschool retard. =)

Shiftfallout said:
I would suggest waiting. Neither the Wii nor the PS3 has any amazing games out right now.

If you have to have a system though, and want the system with the nicest goods. Then get the PS3. The wiis technology is 4 years old, its graphics are incredibly outdated. The Wiis strong point is in its controller and the games are not masterpieces. They are fun but not for anyone looking for depthy games. The PS3 does have some nice titles coming out for it, FF being a great one.

The PS3 will be hard to get later also when theres a greater demand for it. By the way, if your not ready to spend 600 on a multi-media device. I would suggest getting the psp.

Yes i know a lot of wiiboys will flame me, because their epeens are at stake. But i like all the systems for their strong points. PS3 has more of a future than the wii, so its initial investment will be worth it in the long run, compared to the short term fun offered by the wii.
The great demand for PS3 has already come and gone. From now on you should be able to buy a PS3 without worrying about finding a store with them in stock. Supposedly they are about to release a cheaper PS3 without Blu-ray and without backwards compatibility. Personally I believe it is only a rumor. Most games have 1080p output, and you can't get that unless it is Blu-ray format. If it is not Blu-ray then it will be the same format as a PS2 which will provide backwards compatibility. Sony is stupid, but not that stupid.

If you have enough, get all three

Start off with a Wii, they don't have as many T-rated gore-fest games as the X360 or the PS3, but the games they do have are fun to play, and they remind you back when you were a kid (it does me), back when I was a kid (3~5yrs old), I never had a console, but I played with my cousin's SNES a lot and had tons of fun, my first console was the N64, and somehow I grew up with sonic without even owning a SEGA console (and my brother is currently really into it), and with all those games on VC, the GCN compatibility, and the new Wii games, it's just fun, there might not be any blood, but you can be sure you are getting good entertainment

If you have enough money, also get a 360, this is where all the fighting games have migrated to (as far as I know), and is the console that runs the most widely FPS franchise in thw world (at least the US), HALO, my brother is also really into this game, the games on the 360 are the games that begin to show gore, so if gore is what you are into, the 360 is for you

If you happen to have enough money (and I doubt you will), get the PS3, the PS3 is compatible with the PSP, allowing to connect to it (a lot like a cross between LocationFree and VNC or remote desktop), you can download PSX games to the PSP and control the PS3 remotely, now the reason it's 3rd in the list, there are grapical errors, not to mention, they market it as the cheapest Blu-Ray player, the truth, it's the WORST Blu-Ray player, it's probably more worth getting a normal progressive scan DVD player then get a PS3, also, it's not worth getting a PS3 unless you have an HDTV, just not worth getting a PS3 unless you get an HDTV for it

Last, if you like to play real high end games, and you like playing on a joystick or a keyboard, just get a gaming computer, it will run you about $1500 for a computer made just for gaming, your average $600 computer may run some low end games, but if you plan to play the newer Vista games, you will need a computer compatible with Vista, and that is real expensive

So if I were you, i'd go for the Wii and save the money for some games, more controllers and wiimotes, a componet cable, and anything else you may want

JoonKimDDS said:
I know that this is wii forum and most of you will say get wii
but can you list some reasons why you chose wii over ps3?
I just can't think of good games for wii beside Mario
and zelda and metroid prime are not my type.

yeah kind of useless asking that question in WIICHAT.COM

Use this as your guidelines:

Got a Life? Get a Wii
(Lots of party games to keep you and your friends happy for hours on end)

Live in a basement? Get a Ps3
(more of a solo "lets check out the high graphic b00bz plx" type of console)

I have 55 1080p tv and a bluray, but i would still prefer wii over the 3 anyday!!!

JoonKimDDS said:
oh ...haha... ok... thanks.
i just sold my gamecube, hoping that i get wii and run it with component cable since gamecube component cable is super rare and costs over $60 on ebay, but then i couldn't find any other reasons to get wii beside mario, and someone told me that wii is just experimental in terms of using virtua console, having GC slots, and GC graphics, and control and wii2 will be awesome but just pass wii1.

and I kinda agreed with him so, i just wanted to make sure.

ahahahahaa joonkim

do you still think your a girl

Andre said:
Get what you want. I had a Wii and got bored of it after a month. So I got a 360 instead, get a 360 or if you have it already get a PS3. But the wii is really boring after a while and is more of a kids age group,I am 18 so I got bored of it mad fast, I need those gore games.

Yeah, same thing happened with me, the Wii games are just too childish...

Jorge said:
The great demand for PS3 has already come and gone. From now on you should be able to buy a PS3 without worrying about finding a store with them in stock. Supposedly they are about to release a cheaper PS3 without Blu-ray and without backwards compatibility. Personally I believe it is only a rumor. Most games have 1080p output, and you can't get that unless it is Blu-ray format. If it is not Blu-ray then it will be the same format as a PS2 which will provide backwards compatibility. Sony is stupid, but not that stupid.

wrong. You are not looking at the bigger picture. The great demand for the ps3 was not much of a demand as much as it was a race to be the first to get one. Theres no good games for the PS3 now, but there will be. Console launches tend to be rough and minimal.

There are a lot of people like me who know its better to wait for a second batch of consoles rather than the first. Hardware fixes tend to be made by then if there is a need for them.

Secondly, lets look at the facts. Sony plans a price cut, yes, when their exclusive games come out. They wont drop blue ray or any of that. Thats purely fictional. Same with backwards compatibiliy, its software related and all PS3s will have the same firmware (though some updated).

Basically when the PS3 has some exclusive titles behind it and HOME along with a possible cut in price, there will be a greater demand for the system. Sony wont make them that available at first, same strategy as nintendo. The wiis are inexpensive and easy to make, PS3s require a lot more. They are more expensive and difficult to make. Sony wont be wasting money flooding the market with their systems untill theres a good ammount of games to feed them back some revinue.

Another reason they wont get rid of blue ray is because bluray is a sony invented piece of technology.They want it to become more main stream and accessable.

One reason they might drop it is because nobody buys their Blu-ray player. It is $1000 and a PS3 is $600. They can make more money in the long run by dropping Blu-ray on the PS3.

Jorge said:
One reason they might drop it is because nobody buys their Blu-ray player. It is $1000 and a PS3 is $600. They can make more money in the long run by dropping Blu-ray on the PS3.

your missing the point again.

1. ps3 games will be made to take up over 30gigabites, i heard even up to 60. Why would they get rid of the ROM (read only memory) device that can read those games?

2. like I said, maybe you didnt read it the first time, they want blue ray to be successful. Blue ray is their technology, they will make more money from actual blue ray disc sales than the players. Therefor, the cheaper the player the more people are willing to buy it which in turn equals more blue ray disc purchases.

3. Sony wants people to buy the PS3 as a multimedia device, not as a device purely for games. Interconnectivity is a key part of Sony's philosophy. In japan, technology becomes more popular when you can combine many things into one unit.

Does this register with you at all?

Lastly, lets looks at history. VHS hit the market, it didnt pick up very fast and then it exploded with the invent of the recordable VCR, then came CDs. CDs were slow at first too, players were expensive, then as they became more common, the prices dropped and they were everywhere, now lets look at the DVD, same pattern same situation, Now its Blueray, its going to be slow for a year or two before it really really picks up.
Lets look at the size increases as well, cd-700mb dvd- 4-6 gigabytes, Blue ray- 40-60 gigabites (might be more).

Got it?

Sony will never drop the blue ray from their PS3, they wouldnt even consider it.

Last edited:
Back