Should i buy wii component cables?

yes get them. no the wii will never be anything more than 480p but there is an obvious difference between the standard cables and component. I actually bought the cables before i got my wii!

I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to spend the money for component cables...I finally made the decision to give it a shot and I'm very glad I did. It made Zelda in particular a much better experience. If you've got a plasma/lcd/dlp television I would recommend spending the money if you've got it.

hey guys maybe you can help me out. i bought the component cables for my wii and as soon as i switch to the 480p setting my screen goes black and either does not come back on or jumps all over the place.

any ideas why? I have a philips 23" flat TV. its hd ready and has the component hook ups directly in on the back.

I bought the cables used from gamestop they supposedly are genuine Wii cables.

any help would be awesome!

-Dan

caughron said:
why is everyone saying the Wii isn't HD? 480p IS HD, 480i is not... The Wii can display 480p

480p is not HD. HD technically starts at 720p (1366x720). Last time someone mensioned component cables there was a big debate whether 480p is high def. Its not debatable its just not HD by definition.

Ill explain the difference in picture between the standard composite cable (480i) and component cable (480p) so you can decide. With 480i the image updates every second line of display per frame at about 60 times per second. With 480p the screen updates all lines of display per frame at about 60 times per second. This requires twice the data or bandwidth and results in a sharper, fuller picture with no black lines on the screen and no flicker.

Although you won't use your tv's resolution to its full potiental, you will be using the progressive technology that your tv was designed for.

Which brand name do you guys recomend to buy?? or which ones you guys have?

Back