Should I get a capture card...

manxxutd

WiiChat Member
Mar 23, 2008
I am pretty interested on buying a capture card to record my games onto the computer. I have some questions tho...

1) I am willing to spend about $50, not much more, are the somewhat cheap one's still worth it?
2) I have heard rumors that in order to record it, u must play it on ur computer screen. Is this true??
3)Do you need something to record it on your computer(such as hypercam)?
4)My computer and wii are very far away from each other in my house. Would I be able to connect it to my laptop, then use a flashdrive to bring it to my computer??

im not too familiar with the current capture cards anymore since the one i had before was years ago. i guess when it comes to price, you get what you pay for. the one i had was about the same price but the quality wasnt that great. all i can say is it was tolerable.:)

yes it's true. you install a capture card into the pc much like a video card. once installed, you can connect a video source such as a console using the typical video connections such as composite cables. your pc monitor will then act like a tv. when using it, the capture card is run by a software that you install in your desktop.

the one i used before recorded videos directly to the hard drive.

i dont really understand what youre asking in the last one. anyway, if youre using the capture card, the wii itself will have to be connected to it. if you can install the capture card on your laptop i think it will also work.

Back