Help me get my Wii online!!!!

mrgoblueguy

WiiChat Member
Apr 12, 2007
Just outside of Detroit.
Hi, I am looking to get my Wii online and need your help. I am looking for a good connection and don’t want to spend a ton. Here is my situation and I need your help. I have wireless internet in a way. I have a laptop and desk top computer. I pick up a wireless signal from someone in my neighborhood and use that. It is not the best but it gets me by. I use to have my Wii connected to this signal. It worked only ok. I could download some games and play Madden online. Sometimes it worked and other times it didn’t. The only signal my Wii picks up now is a locked signal that I have no way to access. I am dying to get back online. I don’t want to pay for Internet but will if I have to. I do have cable tv on both floors of my house. Somebody told me if I bought a cable modem there was some way I could hook that up to my Wii to get a good connection. I was also I could by a router and do the same thing. What is the best way for me to get my Wii online? Thanks so much!!!!

The best way to get online is to buy internet (DSL is usaully cheaper than cable) and then buy a wireless router. You want to make sure it is encrypted so people don't steal your internet and slow you down, like you are stealing and slowing down your neighbors.

I agree with brennerckk: if you want "reliable", you need to stop playing chance and leeching off other peoples' connections without their permission. Get your own internet connection (DSL or cable) then either get a wireless router and use the built-in wifi of the Wii, or get a non-wireless router and also pick up the USB LAN adapter for the Wii and run a network cable between the Wii and the router.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/online.jsp

Back