Should I get a PS3 for my dorm?

Saga said:
If I had to choose one system for a dorm, I would choose a Wii. Yes, it is more cost efficient, but its unique line up of multiplayer games would make it more appealing to socialize with friends and such.

Unique line-up of multiplayer games? nothing unique about them, all just mini-games, i find a tournament at Fifa is far better than anything the Wii can offer.

My god the Wii owns... said:
Don't go assuming he has friends.
:p.

PS3 sounds good, just be aware that many new games will be $60 and up.

Wrong $50 at the most, in the Uk the prices of the Ps3 games are great, Some are £30 but most are £40, thats what we pay for Ps2 games new at the start and some still cost that the now, 360 games in Uk are same price as Ps3 games, some a even dearer.

Are you insane! Never get anything of value for a dorm unless you can Titanium pad lock it. If it's tempting people will steal it. I had my bike stolen in the college parking lot. The SOBs did it right underneath the camera. They got caught later, but some Cuban(There were a lot of them in that area) kid is riding my bike around. Theives suck!

Aye, its always a risk having goodies in a dorm room. Had a friend back in college lose over $2000 of games and consoles because someone was able to break in.

That still shouldnt stop you from getting fun things though. People who are telling him not to get a PS3 should read his post. He explains his situation.

The PS3 will allow you to enjoy the dorms internet networks as well as offer some fun high end gaming and modding. It probably wont be big on same room multiplayer but will make up for it with online play. Over all a good choice in my opinion.

Definitely right on track with me ^. I think the Wii word be worse in a dorm actually. Although Wii is my favorite system and I plan on buying a ton of games for it. PS3 games are expensive and I plan on only buying a couple till prices drop. I've never owned a PS2 or PS so there are definitely plenty of games that I can spend my time with. I hope nobody thinks I'm abandoning the Wii, I'm far from it. The Gf needs a cool game system in her room too. Wii in a dorm =
tommy-boy.jpg

Catch my drift ?

personally, i prefer the wii over the ps3, but i think you're making a wise decision considering your girlfriend has a wii.

i like the 360 better than the ps3 too, but i like the ps3. and now youll have a cheap blu-ray player :wink:

XwiimasturX said:
personally, i prefer the wii over the ps3, but i think you're making a wise decision considering your girlfriend has a wii.

i like the 360 better than the ps3 too, but i like the ps3. and now youll have a cheap blu-ray player :wink:

Haha, blue ray is something I have no knowledge of and don't care to own. What is it anyways? Blue ray games? dvds? Can it play regular dvds?

Not to flame on blue ray. From what I've read, blue ray will be everywhere in the future.

It can play regular DVDs.

Blu-Ray DVDs, to my understanding, are Super high quality DVDs.

Pair it up with an HD Tv... And you'll have a movie you won't forget.
Even if it's Picos Bill meets Jenny Jan.

^ Thank ya Sir. I may just get a few blue ray dvds in the future then.

Back