Silent Hill Movie.

Think Sixth Sense.

I really enjoyed the movie. I loved how they used most of the baddies (for lack of a better word) and also, the music. Really gave people who had played the game an extra treat.

It's popular enough because I think they're making a second one.

I love this movie...as a movie...not as a movie based on a video game. if you compare it to the game it blows.

The ending is pretty much that Alessa didnt want them to go back, she wanted them to be in her dimension...so ..they stayed in her dimension.

Ohh okay thats what i thought but i wasnt sure. its a pretty kool movie but i havent played any of the games.....

skewzzme said:
The games are scary as hell

Yeah they are...First one actually scared me a bit. :lol:

I saw the movie, it was pretty good and had some parts that made me go "wow, awesome". Great music, though it had a pretty slow and poorly done start, the rest of it is great (especially for a game movie).

If they're making a sequel, then i'm most likely going to watch it.

gh05t said:
Has Anyone Seen The Movie? I didnt understand the Ending...

The ending was what happened all along. The main actress, the child actress and the police lady actress all died. :)

They died in that pursuit in the early part of the film. If you notice, at the bridge when the husband (played by Sean Bean) arrives the police don't let him see what the bridge result accident was. Plus with all the changing backwards and forth when the civil defense alarm sounded, that was changing backwards and forths into hellish conditions based on what the people did. This is also seen in how the husband "sensed" his wife's presence. As you see at the end, how the door was opened at the house. It was the spirits of the people come home. This sounds loosely unclear, as I have written a better point about it before and its late, but I believe they were dead. That is what the ending was. Not another dimension. If it was another dimension, then it wouldn't have affected the door being opened at the end and no one was there.

I love this movie actually. I own the DVD. :D

But death was the other dimension, they were with Alessa in her dimension...since she was also dead. They were living in Hell...which is why there are monsters and crap...

< also own the movie

It's kinda like what happens in the first game.

I don't think dimension is the right word, considering it's mostly to do with "what if things would have happened differently". I think it was more of an alternate "reality" of sorts (which is death - but most notably, the laws of physics weren't as they should be there - reality was controlled by Alessa).

Of course, the fact that Cybil Bennet was still burnt alive, makes it seem like death isn't the final absolute - what happens to the dead when they die? Do they simply fade, or do they go to an afterlife "mark 2"?

It's the only movie based off a game that at least attempts to follow the story of the game, in my recent memory at least.
Not a bad movie on it's own either.

good movie only if you loved the darkness in the game.. The movie has no story like the game.. Blah

when i was 7ish played the game, but got my brother to do it while i watched i was that scared.

they are way scarier than Resident evil games imo.

on that front i love horrors, and when i found out about the fil i had to see it. i did, and loved it it reminded me of the game so much, bar a few things, i.e main character change, but i loved the film enough to watch it twicem in cinema and further few times on DVD

and yeah the second one is well on its way.

hopefully it follows the game, as the second game is considered the best of them all

Back