Silly me- GC controller for VC games?

GermanW

WiiChat Member
Nov 15, 2007
All over the world
HI all-

My instruction manual is at home but the Wii is on vacation with us.
Bomberman93 says hold the "R" button while starting the game to use a Gamecube controller with the Wii Remotes. (You can play 5 players at once-)

I can't get the Gamecube controller to work (AT ALL) though!?!?

Certain third party GC controllers do not seem to be compatible with the Wii for some reason, so I would advice looking up the list of compatible controllers or purchasing the official Nintendo controllers.

phillepino said:
well only 4 gc controllers can fit lol...
Yes, that's why you HAVE to use at least one remote and up to 4 GC controllers to play 5player.

And since you can only use 4 remotes you HAVE to use at least one GC controller...

Byuakuya said:
Certain third party GC controllers do not seem to be compatible with the Wii for some reason, so I would advice looking up the list of compatible controllers or purchasing the official Nintendo controllers.

Thanks-
I'll have to do some searching. Any ideas where to start? It's a Yobo Gameware brand, no model marking but has a "turbo" button w/ LED.

I don't know, maybe you should email nintendo. I used to have two gamecube controllers but my wavebird had a battery acid leak and died.

Well, tried the controller with a gamecube game and it worked fine.

I still don't quite understand the instructions on the game- "Hold R on the Gamecube controller and start the game- pick using the controller selection screen"

But since it's not registering the controller I guess that screen is never coming up, since the game starts and registers the Wii remotes only.

Thanks for the help though- I'll probably shoot Nintendo an email.

If its a wireless Cube controller.... have you made sure that the receiver and controller match up? I have 2 Wavebird's and it took a little while to get the two to sync up...

Back