Sixaxis rumble and touch controller

sherwood3570

infused
May 20, 2007
Michigan
Wii Online Code
1830-2062-7374-0757
If you haven't read it already on engadget.com ...

New details surface on Sony's rumbling SIXAXIS
Posted Jul 3rd 2007 9:16PM by Darren Murph
Filed under: Gaming, Peripherals

Managed to not entirely forget that Sony owes us all a rumbling SIXAXIS or two? If so, you may actually be delighted to hear that the end result could be quite the device if whispers stemming from the latest issue of PSM France are to be believed. Reportedly, the forthcoming controller will not only sport a vanilla rumble, but it will also boast a "touch sense" feature that allows rumbles to emanate from specific locales on the device. Additionally, the shakin' is said to be "more powerful and more intense" than prior renditions on the PS2, which means that the 90-pound wusses in the crowd best get to the weight room, and programmers are purportedly working to enable shorter bursts of sensation to make even the most subtle of movements ones you can feel. Now, how's about a release date?

Edit: Sounds cool, another reason for me to get a PS3...if that controller is released.

Logitech has made a rumble controller. I don't think it has motion sensing though...It looks sexy, kind of like their wireless Xbox controller..

3663.1.0.jpg

300 hours of battery life

Last edited:
I thought rumble was "so last generation". Must be a bit like the motion sensing "gimmick".

Still, sounds kinda cool. Although, I suppose most of the "well into development" games may skimp out on that feature.

Maybe in the next couple of waves of games...

Sounds nice, its a nice bonus, guess il wait until these come out before i buy my 3rd and 4th controllers. Hope it doesnt make the controller to heavy though, i like it light.

I like rumble though it gets kinda annoying when you die in redsteel and it rumbles for 20 seconds lol. I like this idea, it almost makes the ps3 worthwhile... almost.

paintba||er said:
Eh, I never notice the rumble when I'm into a game anyway, so this doesn't interest me much.
Agreed.

The only rumble i need for an explosion is from my speakers. Much better than the controller.

Rumble for me is now standard. The immersion kinda feels less without it.

Although, I suppose it's all down to how developers use it.

dude,i think that the sixaxis control is so wicked dude.the ps3 is the best-of-all new console yet.but my personal favorite is the super nintendo. =)

Yeah if they use rumble badly its qa pain...
but in Ghost REcon they use it really well it makes the experience better
\

Squall7 said:
I thought rumble was "so last generation". Must be a bit like the motion sensing "gimmick".

Still, sounds kinda cool. Although, I suppose most of the "well into development" games may skimp out on that feature.

Maybe in the next couple of waves of games...

cmon squal you know better than to inject bias via sarcasm. you also know why the rumble feature wasnt in place at launce, dont tell me you forgot about the lawsuit with immersion already?

sherwood3570 said:
If you haven't read it already on engadget.com ...

New details surface on Sony's rumbling SIXAXIS
Posted Jul 3rd 2007 9:16PM by Darren Murph
Filed under: Gaming, Peripherals

Managed to not entirely forget that Sony owes us all a rumbling SIXAXIS or two? If so, you may actually be delighted to hear that the end result could be quite the device if whispers stemming from the latest issue of PSM France are to be believed. Reportedly, the forthcoming controller will not only sport a vanilla rumble, but it will also boast a "touch sense" feature that allows rumbles to emanate from specific locales on the device. Additionally, the shakin' is said to be "more powerful and more intense" than prior renditions on the PS2, which means that the 90-pound wusses in the crowd best get to the weight room, and programmers are purportedly working to enable shorter bursts of sensation to make even the most subtle of movements ones you can feel. Now, how's about a release date?

Edit: Sounds cool, another reason for me to get a PS3...if that controller is released.

Logitech has made a rumble controller. I don't think it has motion sensing though...It looks sexy, kind of like their wireless Xbox controller..

3663.1.0.jpg

300 hours of battery life

I really do not think this is to be believed. I have no doubt that Logictech can make a controller, but it would still be a third party device.

touch sense is not rumble. I remember reading about this early this year. They can make different vibrations depending on whats happening in a game. Meaning you will feel a difference between someone firing a shotgun at you vs an automatic rifle or a pistol.

Definately good news ! Every 6 months the PS3 is getting better.....*prays*

Back