Skype For psp

wii maniac

Canadians In Action
Oct 18, 2007
Ontario Canada
Wii Online Code
3878-8321-2254-6089
Just to let all the PSP owner's know that dont know the new update which includes skype has been released:yesnod:.A little info about it for people that dont know what it is.Its free calling to other skype users and you have to pay to call land or moblie lines.
http://www.skype.com/
More info here

**only for slim**

Last edited:
I have a skype account, free incomming and outgoing calls so that works great for me

Just got the update no skype, is also in North America? maybe I missed it where on the system is it?

If it involves a Firmware upgrade, no thanks I'll keep my Homebrew :p

I bought a PSP basicly just for the games in waiting rooms and airports things like that so sorry for the dumb question but what would the homebrew get you on the PSP?

stugots said:
I bought a PSP basicly just for the games in waiting rooms and airports things like that so sorry for the dumb question but what would the homebrew get you on the PSP?

Anything from emulators, to PDF readers, other apps, different web browers, UMD game (back-up programs NOT PROVIDING A LINK!!), really no limits except you had to have one of the PSP's when the first cam out. For people who bought later models, coders are starting to crack the newer models and support for higher firmware versions are being released :yesnod:

nxcmp said:
Anything from emulators, to PDF readers, other apps, different web browers, UMD game (back-up programs NOT PROVIDING A LINK!!), really no limits except you had to have one of the PSP's when the first cam out. For people who bought later models, coders are starting to crack the newer models and support for higher firmware versions are being released :yesnod:

I got cha, cool Thanks for the info

now does anyone know if skype is available for people in north america? I got the lastest update and don't see it anywhere and I'd really like to use it since I have an account with them for unlimited calls incomming and outgoing.

I have a newer model that I bought last year. My cousin set it up for me a wile back. I don't think it uses custom firmware .. :drool: I'm not sure, I didn't want to do this myself and screw it up. I'll have to ask him tomorrow what he did. He did tell me about a site though. Link That also has a book reference. I use to use a GTA:LCS loader before.

Last edited:
stugots said:
Just got the update no skype, is also in North America? maybe I missed it where on the system is it?
It is in NA, my friend got his slim in the US (and has this update).

The skype icon is under Network if you have a imported psp from Japan etc it wont work I beleave ill look into that im pretty sure though.

wii maniac said:
The skype icon is under Network QUOTE]

All I have under network is

online instruction manuals

locationfree player

remote play

internet radio

RSS channel

and my browser

Back