Slow Torrent Speeds

MetroidZ

Only took 4 years to get1
May 20, 2006
London, England Rank: i-wii-sistable
Wii Online Code
1000-0000-0000-0000
I just rebooted my comp. Anyway, I need to download some things but downloading is slow. I have hundreds of seeds on a private tracker, but my downloads are stuck at 30kbps. One torrent was downloading at that speed, then I added another torrent and now they are both at 15kbps each :sad: . I have a 8mbps connection so it should be going at hundreds of kbps. Any help? :nonod:

Your download speed in equal to that of your upload speed.

You can not download faster than peers/seeds that are uploading.

Some trackers have a fair use policy, so if you've downloaded more than you've uploaded you may find they restrict your download speed.

ilovemywii said:
can some one tell me what "torrent" is?:scared:

"Torrent is a program that people use to download their naughty adulterated movies"

torrents are a form of P2P. it was originaly created for legit websites to help take the load off of 100's of people downloading the same file but people have turned it into something that can be used to download anything, legal or not. i think it is one of the most popular P2P's out. i dont use it anymore after Universal came after me for downloading a TV show that was cancled 5 years ago lol

I use Azureus, with the Shu hack. Basically, this allows me to download at full speeds, and it will report to the tracker that I am uploading at around 250 KB/s, where I am actually uploading nothing at all. Gives me a good 2.5 share ratio on private torrent trackers.

I wouldn't do this if I had a good upload speed, and if my usage limit wasn't affected by my uploads.

i dont think they limit your download speed to your upload speed. if they did, ALOT of people would be getting VERY slow speeds because most ISPs dont give very good upload speed (well where im at anyways). i think its more like for every 1KB upload you get 3KB download or something like that because i usualy upload around 80KBs yet i download at 300-400KBs

Azureus only requires that you upload at a minimum of 5 KB/s, and you get maximum download speed. It's easily the best torrent client out there.

Mitch2025 said:
i dont think they limit your download speed to your upload speed. if they did, ALOT of people would be getting VERY slow speeds because most ISPs dont give very good upload speed (well where im at anyways). i think its more like for every 1KB upload you get 3KB download or something like that because i usualy upload around 80KBs yet i download at 300-400KBs
Most agents do limit is by your upload speed, but it is proportional. If you have 28k upstream, you may get 56k downstream (as much as that would suck to have a connection that slow, that's about how it usually turns out as far as the proportion goes.)

well i know with BitComet i have to port foward and stuff.
it depends what client your using, and how your using it. search for instructions on your specific client and i think you'll be fine.
and btw MetroidZ i think you mean 30kb/s not 30kbps, that would be incredibly slow.

Back