Smash Bros Melee For Wii

slayer080

slayer080
Dec 9, 2006
england
Wii Online Code
5288-5476-2912-1369
This is gay, i bought smash bros melee for gc the other day and it arrived today, i was well happy so i put the game in my wii and now have just realised that i have to actually have a gamecube control to play it, so now i have to go out and buy one when i thought that the classic control would work for all gamecube games. so does this mean that the classic control dont work on gamecube games?
do you HAVE to have a gamecube control to play gamecube games??

yes you have to have a gamecube controller to play gamecube games. I dont even think the classic controller has enough buttons for a gamecube game.

it's got another analog stick though.

it's totally possible, button-wise. i think they gotta ton of GC controllers to unload first. How could you have missed that though, it's pretty well written on EVERYTHING that comes in that box which controllers can be used with which. Cop a GC controller and you can play 2 player VC games or what not.

Crap this reminds me of my little bro losing my smash bros disk for the gc ive been looking for it for a long time and now all i can hope is that they will put it on the VC list so i could buy it for 5 or 10 bucks.

Yeah, they are too big. I was told we may get DC and Sega Saturn games working on the Wii. If that ever happened, those too would required the actual CD. The fact that the Wii can port so many systems into virtual console makes it's potential for emulating other systems high. Only time will tell. If this did happen, it'd be years down the road.

Yeah saturn/DC games maybe but no GC ones. *Fingers crossed for Nights into Dreams* never played it but I've so wanted to, can't find it anywhere

The reason why Classic controllers won't work for GC games is because WiiMotes are turned off when you enter GC Games.

Basically to switch from GC to Wii you have to restart your system.

Back