Smash bros melee versus Halo.........

whats in bigger anticipation, halo 3 or the hobbit movie directed by peter jackson?

That is a funny question. You should put that one up on the "Everyone votes channel" LoL

Super Smash Bros. Melee would have been so much better if it had been online.
I would've loved that way more than Halo 2 online with Xbox Live.

i really cant see halo 3 being the greatest game of all time. What is there that hasnt been done in the past games that will really make people think that this is a great game? what if theres a halo 4, 5, or 6? Will those also be the greatest games of all time? Wouldnt you have to say that Halo 1 was the greatest game of all time before saying the third is?

Most of this just doesnt make sense to me. Sequals are rarely as good as the originals, but i guess that its all a matter of opinion.

As for Super Smash Bros Melee beating halo, yes, it would beat halo with online support. Halo didnt have online support, Halo 2 did.

I've never played halo 2 but I remember halo 1 and I thought it was horrible compared to pc shooters of the time.

I think there is more anticipation for halo 3 though. I remember people camping outside for halo 2.
-Dave

swoop_ds said:
I've never played halo 2 but I remember halo 1 and I thought it was horrible compared to pc shooters of the time.

just clarifying, did you play it on the xbox or the pc?

okay, cause i was gonna say that the pc version was a pretty bad port, and that shouldn't be your judgment of the game.

Yeah that's what I heard about the port so I shyed away from it. I did like being able to play Halo with a bunch of friends in the same room though. The coop story mode was fun as well.

for some reason i dont see ssbb in being huge improvement from ssbm... just the fact that it uses the Game cube controller puts me of it a bit, i know it WILL be awesome but i really cant see that much of a difference so far beween ssbm and Brawl even though they havent announced much on brawl yet

online play will be the difference. that and more characters, stadiums, items.

kilo27 said:
If the gamecube would have been online, with a descent online suggesting, would melee have been the closest competitor to halo?

You can play Melee online (and Mario Kart:DD)!

Lets see...

Halo 2 sold 7.89 Million
Mario Kart: Double Dash sold 6.60 Million
Smash Bros Melee sold 6.58 Million
Halo sold 6.43 Million

and just to throw numbers at you...

[NES] Super Mario Bros sold 40.24 Million

Nintendo has the best game of all time(Zelda) and best selling game(Mario)

Halo 2 is no match for ssbm and Halo 3 is no match for ssbb. If melee was online it wouldnt even have been a contest IMO. The main reason why Halo was so revolutionary was because the Xbox was so revo. and the online gaming. Now that the wii is the most revolutionary ssbb will own it.

Metroid prime online is going to be amazing and might catch a lot of people by suprise

the two games are completely different so i can't really say my personal opinion on what was better, but i reckon that the Halo series will outsell SSB for the sheer fact that there are so many fanboys. SSBB will be tough competition, but still.
NOTE: Halo and SSB are both awesome game series imo

Back