Smeargle Movesets

Yeah of course one of your guys would ruin it, as every pokemon can be countered. And besides if I come in against a slower pokemon with the basic smeargle, switching to Primeape won't do jack. I'll sub while you switch. You'll come in and I'll belly drum after you break my sub. Salac Berry will activate and then I'll BP to Gyarados or whatever else I have. Then in that situation, I'd pretty much sweep your team.
All the Smeargles in this thread including mine are obviously not gonna be used for battles, this is just a fun exercise. But the Belly Passer is practical and it has good use and so is the ingrain passer in BP chains and in some cases an endeavor set. Pretty much any other Smeargle is for a laugh.

We haven't battled before and since I don't have a router at home and the school year's up, I can't battle you. I'd gladly take you on, on shoddy battle.

I would say put Chicagoan on you're ignore list, like I did, but this PWNING seems to delight you, massi4h.
Hows this for an insomnia counter?

Jolly @ Salac Berry
252 spd/252 def/ 6 atk
Spore/Skill Swap/Endure/(filler atk)Crunch, B.Break, CloseCombat, w/e
Sends out Banette on Smeargle, Skill swap it, Spore (will get whatever comes out if they switch) most likely a wall (Blissey, Skarmory, Chestolax) and either switch on Chestolax or spin you're wheels with the filler move

BTW, I dont know for sure, but DRK moves seem to have the least counters, so that's why crunch)

Last edited:
I never had a problem with massi4h. He is a grown up and he can speak right without "putting on ignore just because I do not like Smeargle" (And you put me on ignore at my very first/second post just when I laughed at your Smeargle, cuz it sucks) Anyway, I'm sure you read more than one of my next posts! Anyway, you better ignore me, as I remember you got annoyed too because I told Sonic the Dumb shouldn't be on SSBB. :lol:

massi4h, the salac berry one is a good one. However, besides of that, as you said, should be just for fun... I do not know how much Salac berry raises the speed. One stage, right? If so, a sweeper can take it easily anyway. I do not know a tank if can hold it. I would like too see it if in the future we can battle.

I think you are a Smeargle expert :thumbsup: How about on double battles? The salac belly drummed Smeargle won't work.

in doubles u can go with..

smeragle@salac berry
-endure
-spore
-endeavor
-priority move

send this out with like a choice scarf exploding poke and endure the hit..activating the salac berry then spore ppl to death while ur other poke thats out with u kills them off

danny7147551 said:
in doubles u can go with..

smeragle@salac berry
-endure
-spore
-endeavor
-priority move

send this out with like a choice scarf exploding poke and endure the hit..activating the salac berry then spore ppl to death while ur other poke thats out with u kills them off

But...but...but....we already covered that.

I think Ninjask-Smergle is the best idea.
WOW whats up? Its been months since i've been here! Tails is still cool. chicagoan is still a stuck up jerk. strype is still cool. Massih4 is still the cool inforamteive guy. Danny is still the cool smart one.

Bold @ Salac Berry
252 spd 252 HP 6 def
Flail/Explosion/BellyDrum/Endure
Pretty sure this has already been posted but what the hell, it's my favorite Smeargle set. Ghost types are the BASTARDS of NRML types...

What up Butterfree

butterfree said:
I think Ninjask-Smergle is the best idea.
WOW whats up? Its been months since i've been here! Tails is still cool. chicagoan is still a stuck up jerk. strype is still cool. Massih4 is still the cool inforamteive guy. Danny is still the cool smart one.
And I'm left out. <.<

Danny posted the one I used against him and Strype in the 2v2 tournament. But Agility/Endeavor/Spore/Extremespeed @ Sash is probably more popular as you get the +2 speed boost, but I don't like it as opponent sashes and priority moves screw it up.

Salac Berry raises speed one stage so a 273 speed smeargle goes up to I think 409 speed, which will outspeed any sweeper without a boost or a fast scarf. Scarf Heracross for instance will be running adamant which maxes at 269 speed, so you'll be beating that which is the most common scarf pokemon. The salac berry means you can pretty much always get the baton pass off.

WuddlePook is the awsome quiet kid who sports that Walrein of his with pride *puffs cheast*

Walreins are FTW! They're incredible pokemon.

I know this off-topic and a random place to ask this, but would anyone mind "tutoring" me at pokemon? I've bought every game (except the ones like Crystal and Emerald) and I love them, could recite every pokemon's name to you by heart...but, I've never tried to come up with these types of clever movesets, "EV" train, etc. I think it'd be pretty cool. Just seeing these Smeargle movesets (who I thought was the most worthless pokemon ever) amazes me.

Any of you free to help?

Sure.
I can start by telling you about my site.
www.pokemonleague.e107deluxe.net has a forum with a "Knowledge Library" (thanks to Strype McClaine) that will tell you everything about competitive battling (EV training, IV/HP breeding, etc) but if you need personal help, give me a PM (Strype and massi4h would be glad to help for sure, but if their not available, I'm always up for helping others)
Just drop me a PM with whatever you need help with, and i'll do what I can, Tyler.

Back