So Playstation pulls a fast one on me.

drblake

Nintendo Revolutionary
Nov 24, 2006
Moncton
Wii Online Code
0864-1416-6214-2104
Well maybe not but I am quite upset with them to say the least.

I bought a PSP along time ago and recently got the internet.

After registering my Wii, DS, and other nintendo products I decided to go over to the Playstation site and register my PSP.

Once I got there I seen that there was an update for my PSP ( 3.0 or somthing like that). So I thought " Oooo.. I better set up my internet on my PSP to download the update". After setting up the connection, I tested the connection to make sure it worked. No problem.

I then tried to do a system update like they showed me on their site. Didn't work. Some kind of system failure. So then I noticed that on the site thee was another way to instal the update. By downloading it on to your PC and then pasting it into your memory card. Again didn't work. So then I decided to delete the update on my memory card. That didn't work. I couldn't format my memory card.

Begining to panic I decided to e-mail Playstation... I get a message about 10 minutes later telling me that I would be receiving an e-mail from someone within 48 hours. Well...I'm not that patient so I decided to call them on the 1-800 number.

10 minutes later I'm talking to some guy, who in my opinion, doesn't sound like he really wants to be at work today. He tells me to take my memory card out. Put it back in, try to do system update. BooM!!! "Sorry but your gonna have to send it to us to be repaired and it's gonna cost you 120 bucks". !!!

Ah man does that ever stink. It's gonna cost me 120 dollars to fix something that I barely even use. I almost feel like selling it to a pawn shop and just buying more Wii products and be done with Playstation all together.

Anyways..mybe I'm overeacting about the whole pawn shop thing because I wouldn't want to push my problem on anyone else but I'm pretty frustrated.

Depending on how long you've had it:

<30 days (return to shop and get it swapped over/refunded)
<90/365 - (sony should repair for free.
option 3 - kick up a fuss about how the update caused your psp to muck up and demand that they fix it for free.

I say if you don't use it, go to your local gaming shop and trade it in for credit/cash and buy more Nintendo products. :)

Haz said:
option 3 - kick up a fuss about how the update caused your psp to muck up and demand that they fix it for free.

That sounds like your best bet. It wasn't your damn fault that your PSP crapped out on you when you were downloading an official Sony firmware update. That's just crazy.

huh i updated mine yesterday or the day before works perfectly!!! just click on network update on your psp but you have to have wifi.

i upgraded it to 3.01 its FAB man new visualisations are cool

$?wii?$ said:
huh i updated mine yesterday or the day before works perfectly!!! just click on network update on your psp but you have to have wifi.

i upgraded it to 3.01 its FAB man new visualisations are cool
u are stupid. you can hack any version up to 2.71, then free games like me :p

MetroidZ said:
u are stupid. you can hack any version up to 2.71, then free games like me :p

yeah i know! i found out that later though but i aint really bothered anyway as i dont buy alot of games for my psp right now i am playing vice city stories, fifa 07 and NFS carbon

First did you have the PSP power cord plugged in while you were updating? You need to have it plugged in. Also since the update failed are you still able to do anything with it? Can you play games?

Lethal said:
First did you have the PSP power cord plugged in while you were updating? You need to have it plugged in. Also since the update failed are you still able to do anything with it? Can you play games?

huh?! you dont need the power cord plugged in just need to make sure that it is fully chraged.

I can still play games..Also.I failed to mention that I once formated the memory card using my PC but I doubt that would cause my system to screw up like that

Back