AGH! McAfee sucks!

ThatGuy127

ThatGuy127
Nov 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
5877-9874-6442-6751
So today I updated my McAfee SecurityCenter thingy, and now I can't get in to my e-mail! I go to the site and it keeps refreshing every 2 seconds. Anyone else have this problem? I disabled all the e-mail protection stuff, but it didn't work.

I hated McAfee. Don't know how to get rid of it though, create a new username for your computer, I think that might have worked for me.

The best from what I have been herein is Steganos
Its cheap £20
But im currently usein Fsecure and I have no probs with it

HAHAHA McAfee is one of the best, i use it for my firewall, if you use it correctly, and know what your doing, then you will have NO troubles.

Not according to this mouths computer shopper

Meh only got it becuase I needed something to read on the train and it looked interesting

Gaz said:
HAHAHA McAfee is one of the best, i use it for my firewall, if you use it correctly, and know what your doing, then you will have NO troubles.

Yeah, like that time they put out the bad DAT file and McAffee deleted all kinds of dangerous files...things like setup.exe, outlook.exe, excel.exe, etc...

That was about 6 months ago, give or take...

Good times...

hiredgoonz said:
Yeah, like that time they put out the bad DAT file and McAffee deleted all kinds of dangerous files...things like setup.exe, outlook.exe, excel.exe, etc...

That was about 6 months ago, give or take...

Good times...
Meh, learn a bit about network security, and then maybe you will understand how these should be used.

In conjunction with a firewall on there own machine, with strict instructions on what to do, so crap like that doesn't happen, THEN you will be fine.

Gaz said:
Meh, learn a bit about network security, and then maybe you will understand how these should be used.

In conjunction with a firewall on there own machine, with strict instructions on what to do, so crap like that doesn't happen, THEN you will be fine.

Yeah, I was the problem :rolleyes:

A DAT file issued by McAffee identified hundreds of normal executables as dangerous and deleted them...

This wasn't on my home system, I'm not stupid enough to use it at home...this was at work, on all the domain machines, which auto-update and auto-scan, per company regulations...

We had the whole thing fixed in a few hours, but it is funny when your AV software prevents anyone from running Office applications, although I suppose you could make an argument that it would be better that way from a security standpoint...

Do you even work in the IT industry? If you do you definitely should remember this event...but you're right...this was in no way a failing on McAffee's part...

:shocked:

hiredgoonz said:
Yeah, I was the problem :rolleyes:

A DAT file issued by McAffee identified hundreds of normal executables as dangerous and deleted them...

This wasn't on my home system, I'm not stupid enough to use it at home...this was at work, on all the domain machines, which auto-update and auto-scan, per company regulations...

We had the whole thing fixed in a few hours, but it is funny when your AV software prevents anyone from running Office applications, although I suppose you could make an argument that it would be better that way from a security standpoint...

Do you even work in the IT industry? If you do you definitely should remember this event...but you're right...this was in no way a failing on McAffee's part...

:shocked:
Oh i do work in the industry, only for a few years, but i have many a contact, in many an area of IT, many in network security, and my dad has connections with bill gates.

Gaz said:
Oh i do work in the industry, only for a few years, but i have many a contact, in many an area of IT, many in network security, and my dad has connections with bill gates.

Bill Gates?!? Can I be your friend??? :yikes:

Why don't you get off McAffee's dick for two seconds? It's a software program, not your girlfriend...you don't need to defend its honor...

Although fanboyism is fascinating...it's like being a terrorist, just for geeks...so, in other words, unless you wrote the program, chill out...

:cornut:

Who ever said i was a fanboy, i'm just defending a good peice of software from the glaring eyes of some possible fool's, WOAH so they made a mistake, freaking chill, did you blame dell for sony's battries faults as well?

No I blame Sony for the colsein of Liksang
They will never be forgiven for that

Back