Someone who knows alot

yeah i've read that since HD DVD is no more, microsoft ismaking a new xbox or something called 369 blue, and install a blu-ray player, but all w/e console people like, every console is good, no game system is better than the other, every console is good in there own way.

CocoSSBB said:
If you wanted a FPS, you should've gotten a X360. Wii is more for casual and platformers.... I have nothing against the Wii, but it lacks in decent First Person Shooters.

You'll be eating crow later for the first part of your statement.

Because of how the Wii-mote can be used as a gun, FPS on the Wii will be much better than XBox and 360. MOH:H2 might be the first, but it won't be the last. If you get the Wii Zapper and play Link's Crossbow Training, you can just get a glimpse of what is to come.

When Metroid came out, all of the reviewers commented on how the game play was the best way to play.

Actually its fun in a arcadish sort of way to use Wii-mote, but I can gaurantee that a hardcore console FPS player would always choose a controller over the Wii-mote if there were some sort of tournament. Because Wii-mote is fun but its not very precise. Since keeping your hand/arm absolutely still is not very easy its better to use a controller. People would definately rather use a keyboard and mouse over the Wii-remote. So for like Metroid Prime, Wii-mote is 100 fine, but I much rather use a keyboard+mouse or controller over a Wii-mote for competitive play.

T3kNi9e said:
Actually its fun in a arcadish sort of way to use Wii-mote, but I can gaurantee that a hardcore console FPS player would always choose a controller over the Wii-mote if there were some sort of tournament. Because Wii-mote is fun but its not very precise. Since keeping your hand/arm absolutely still is not very easy its better to use a controller. People would definately rather use a keyboard and mouse over the Wii-remote. So for like Metroid Prime, Wii-mote is 100 fine, but I much rather use a keyboard+mouse or controller over a Wii-mote for competitive play.

Lol, Controllers are for noobs who can't see the future. The Wiimote has so much potential in the shooting department but yet there are only few games that make use of the controls so well.

And yes, me being a hardcore PC gamer, i would prefer a mouse and keyboard but the wiimote would be second in my book. Controllers just plain suck for shooters when compared to the wiimote (and nothing compared to the mouse+keyboard). But the only reason I can't prove it is because there just aren't enough fps games on the Wii! The reason why people use controllers is because it was the only way and only choice to play and people got used to it. The 360(as an example) only offered a controller, no other option. If (theoretically), in the beginning a wiimote and controller came out at the same time on the same system, the wiimote obviously would have been king. But obviously, that's not how real life works and not how technology progressed. People are apt to change controllers because they feel a close relationship with the controller and the hundreds of hours they have spent perfecting and maneuvering the controller would have felt wasted.

The wiimote is perfect for shooters and definitely trumps the controller. There is just so much potential. It doesn't lack anything, other than the fact that few developers have tried making a shooter. Give them some time. Great examples like MOHH2 and MP3 will open their eyes and hopefully they are already in the process of making unannounced shooters.

oh yea, another thing. The Wiimote is definitely more precise than the controller. You don't have to move your arm/hand. I've always rested my arm on my knees when I play shooters and move my wrist around, precise enough.

Last edited:
T3kNi9e said:
Where did you here that? Im pretty sure it would use the USB cord like the HD-DVD player.

My sources are from directly within the industry and I'm sure IGN had something on their site.

The reason for the different adaptor type is to incorporate greater speeds (eSATA).

T3kNi9e said:
Because Wii-mote is fun but its not very precise. Since keeping your hand/arm absolutely still is not very easy its better to use a controller.

All you need is practice.

If you want games to be like real life, then you are going to have to use gun controls, not joystick or mouse controls.

COLDshiver said:
Lol, Controllers are for noobs who can't see the future. The Wiimote has so much potential in the shooting department but yet there are only few games that make use of the controls so well.

And yes, me being a hardcore PC gamer, i would prefer a mouse and keyboard but the wiimote would be second in my book. Controllers just plain suck for shooters when compared to the wiimote (and nothing compared to the mouse+keyboard). But the only reason I can't prove it is because there just aren't enough fps games on the Wii! The reason why people use controllers is because it was the only way and only choice to play and people got used to it. The 360(as an example) only offered a controller, no other option. If (theoretically), in the beginning a wiimote and controller came out at the same time on the same system, the wiimote obviously would have been king. But obviously, that's not how real life works and not how technology progressed. People are apt to change controllers because they feel a close relationship with the controller and the hundreds of hours they have spent perfecting and maneuvering the controller would have felt wasted.

The wiimote is perfect for shooters and definitely trumps the controller. There is just so much potential. It doesn't lack anything, other than the fact that few developers have tried making a shooter. Give them some time. Great examples like MOHH2 and MP3 will open their eyes and hopefully they are already in the process of making unannounced shooters.

oh yea, another thing. The Wiimote is definitely more precise than the controller. You don't have to move your arm/hand. I've always rested my arm on my knees when I play shooters and move my wrist around, precise enough.

very true. thats how i play mohh2. just pput the hand on the knee and pwn the noobs. right on!:lol: :lol: :lol:

mohh2 is the best fps with online out(its online uses ea's servers)
redsteel 2 was rumored to have online but who knows
redsteel1 has decent 4 player mode
hopefully ubisoft and ea will make more fps
wii has a few rail shooters also:
ghost squad, house of dead 2 & 3 and re:uc

360 is great for fps now but who knows about next year

its rumored that other companys are making graphics engine for fps for the wii such as
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/08/vicious-engine-envisions-creative-wii-fps-controls/

more fps for wii is inevitable
we need to demand it

If you really like FPS games OP, buy an Xbox 360. All the good FPS games are on the 360. Plus, the online is better(voice chat,easier to manage friends).

Last edited:
Back