something i find bothersome

Maximo

Wii Fanatic
Dec 31, 2006
Mckeesport,PA
Wii Online Code
0558-5461-4916-6731
I understand 360 is about High Def which is fine ,and well for those who can afford it. I for one am not among those who can afford to make such an upgrade. Yeah i could an HD TV for a couple 100 ,but it would have to be vastly smaller screen (15-19 inch) compared to my 27 inch standard. If i'm going to get an HD tv i want something close in size.

Considering all this i discovered recently why i haven't been putting as much attention into buying new 360 games as i do into buying new Wii games.

I went out ,and bought Oblivion ,and Dead Rising (since they are now both avaliable for 30 bux) both great games ,but i can't read a damn thing especially in Dead Rising (Oblivion not so much an issue) then i tried Call of Juarez (a new demo on the marketplace) had pretty much the same problem things were just too difficult to read to get a full amount of enjoyment.

Developers need to understand that not everyone is viewing their games in HD ,and have an option that enlarges the text. You can't get the best out of the game when you don't even know whats going on.

The games are great until i need to read about my mission.

All this time i thought i was favoring the Wii just because of how much fun the control is ,but its not only that as well as just being able to read whats going on.

If there was a non-500 plus dollar way to recifity the situation my collection wouldn't be so much....19 Wii games compared to 8 360 games

Anyone else feel similar

youll survive for oblivion, as for Dead Rising, thats been a major issue of people not being able to read. microsoft is only trying to help push the HD era since in a few years we'll have to upgrade regardless.

Sovieto said:
youll survive for oblivion, as for Dead Rising, thats been a major issue of people not being able to read. microsoft is only trying to help push the HD era since in a few years we'll have to upgrade regardless.

True, most games are fine without HD, like gears of war and such.

Dead rising was a problem for quite a lot of people but it is for the best, things change and they are trying to help push forwards.

I mean look at that beta max player, it got replaced with vcr then dvd and now it's blu-ray and hd-dvd, soon we will have to move on.

Unless you stay retro:cool:

Nintendo definantely nailed it right, when keeping the Wii very compatible with our standard old tv's. Microsoft is trying to force us to move into the "next generation".

Sovieto said:

Thats all fine ,and well although the thing is by the time we get to that point HD TV's will be cheaper. Look at how long it took people to afford TV's over a certain size ,or how long it was before DVD players were affordable. HD is still too much new tech to be affordable to the average consumer.

I thought i would be smart ,and sit in the chair closer to the TV when playin Dead Rising... all that seems to do is make the text "fuzzier"

ya Dead Rising was amazing but it was the developers fault for the small text

The little icons on the mini map in crackdown, I couldn't tell what they were until i move my 360 from my room to the upstairs hd t.v. But I don't find it to be that big of a deal.

the big deal depends on the game alot of times ,but it shouldnt have to be an issue especially when we are paying 60 bux a game.

Back