Dx ****. Situation, here! >_<

Kumoriken

Banned
Sep 30, 2006
Princeville, (Kauai) Hawaii
Wii Online Code
3916-4519-7595-8108
Mmkay. So, this error has happened numerous times, but this has pushed me over the edge. PERFECT timing for it to come up.
Getting the 53k zombies killed achievement in Dead Rising. five-thousand zombies away, I go back into the Maintenance Tunnel, and...
"THIS DISC CAN NOT BE READ."
Dxxx
PISSED!
Anyway, is this a common error or is this used copy of Dead Rising just ****ed?
((Oh, and I've cleaned the disc numerous times, so it just might be my 360. Dx Is this a common issue and can something be done about it?))
((((And ALSO, I've only had both products for a week. Dx ))))

ok clam down how long where u playing for was it lang or short because your 360 just could have overheated

its because it was a used disk
and thats probably the reason why the original owner traded it in

minto said:
ok clam down how long where u playing for was it lang or short because your 360 just could have overheated

I refuse to be calm 'cause I gotta do all that **** over again! Dx

paintba||er said:
Maybe you could get some scratch remover, or a buffer, that should fix it if it is the disc.

I always use scratch remover. It works, I guess. But then it does it again later. So for all I know the disc cleaner could be doing nothing.

Sovieto said:
its because it was a used disk
and thats probably the reason why the original owner traded it in

Yeah, I was guessin' that. I'ma trade it back in next time I get a chance.

Kumoriken said:
I refuse to be calm 'cause I gotta do all that **** over again! Dx

I always use scratch remover. It works, I guess. But then it does it again later. So for all I know the disc cleaner could be doing nothing.

Yeah, I was guessin' that. I'ma trade it back in next time I get a chance.
make sure to tell them it dosent work
since they the used game policy states: Garunteed to work or whatever
they should replace it if not give you a new copy for the trouble

Sovieto said:
make sure to tell them it dosent work
since they the used game policy states: Garunteed to work or whatever
they should replace it if not give you a new copy for the trouble
Yeah, I called them and they said they'd swap it.
And Minto, I've seen it before. And though it's pretty funny, that doesn't excuse the fact that it's spam. Don't do that in topics like this. We have The Lounge for that.

Glad that they said they'd swap it, you just better pray that this version works, otherwise the Xbox squad will have to come round your house, snatch it off your hands and repair it within a week or two. I suffered that trauma :rolleyes:

i had something like that on gears, i just reset the console, opened the tray, cleaned the disk, let it cool down for a while, started it up again, worked perfectly. Still does too.

Kumoriken said:
Yeah, I called them and they said they'd swap it.
And Minto, I've seen it before. And though it's pretty funny, that doesn't excuse the fact that it's spam. Don't do that in topics like this. We have The Lounge for that.
ok sorry. to the lounge

Yeah, the only worry I have now is if it's my console or not. >.< My friend said it happens to almost any game on his console if he plays it for too long.

ok proof ( ish ). I just played gears for about 2 hours and it read a disk error. I got the disk out, left the xbox to cool down for about 1 hour, cleaned the disk ( remembering not to clean in circles, ruins the disk ) and then restarted the console. works fine!

WII60 said:
ok proof ( ish ). I just played gears for about 2 hours and it read a disk error. I got the disk out, left the xbox to cool down for about 1 hour, cleaned the disk ( remembering not to clean in circles, ruins the disk ) and then restarted the console. works fine!

>.>
The cleaning in circles could have been important to know. xP

Though I do doubt that's the problem, since it happened before I cleaned it.
I'll just get a new one from GS.

Back