Sonic and friends taking a break?

i knew alex kidd was the original mascot for sega he just didnt survive the test of time like sonic did but at least us true gamers know who he was

Belmont said:
i knew alex kidd was the original mascot for sega he just didnt survive the test of time like sonic did but at least us true gamers know who he was

Supposidly, Sega retired him because he was too much like Mario. Opa-Opa from Fantasy Zone was also a Sega mascot of sorts, and so was Shinobi and Wonder Boy.

i knew shinobi was considered one but really when i think of sega its sonic and sometimes alex kidd

Belmont said:
i knew shinobi was considered one but really when i think of sega its sonic and sometimes alex kidd

Well, Nintendo's main mascot is Mario, but it has others too. Link is a mascot, and so is Pokemon and Samus (Metroid). Sega had its share but dropped them all for Sonic - not right to it's loyal fans.

agreed... just think if sega had not done that they might have came out on top and we would be playing games called Sega Smash Bros. and right now we would all be wondering if maybe mario might be a third party character in the game. haha

Back