Sonys' E3 Press Conference Discussion Thread.

Metroid Other M and Mario were the Nintendo highlights. other than that Nintendo sucked it up once again.

God of War 3, FF13, FF14, FF7 on the PSstore. damn Sony did good.
Don't forget Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 2!!! :D

i liked the story in Uncharted 1 but the gameplay sucked in my opinion. i didn't mention U2 because i only mentioned what interested me.

I was shocked about FF14, but after finding out it was online and possibly just another FF11.. i immediately lost interest, the characters don't even look memorable compared to FF13 (they just look generic JRPG).

Uncharted 2, GoW3, and GT5 were very impressive and actually make me want to finally get a PS3. Their new motion controller is ok, but nothing i would get excited over.. it really isn't much different than the Wii-Remote's Motion Plus.

The preview of The Last Guardian was great, I kept having a hard time figuring out what was pre-rendered and in-game.. only to realize it was entirely in-game. That right there, blew me away. The PSP Go looks better in action than it does on paper, but.. not enough to make me drop my PSP Slim, but I am definitely getting my hands on Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

Overall, I wouldn't say Sony outperformed Microsoft, they were even in my opinion.. but Nintendo was again less entertaining than peeling off dried paint (what on Earth happened to Ninty, they were like... legendary).

i feel bad for all the wii owners out there, this is the second year in a row they didnt get anything worth mentioning at E3.

Wii Exclusives showcased/announced at E3

1. Wii Sports Resort - WORKING/ACCURATE motion control TODAY.
2. Metroid - Nintendo can't get anymore hardcore than this.
3. Mario Galaxy 2 - 1st one was great but easy, this is supposed to be harder.
4. Red Steel 2 - Closest thing to slicing n shootin some1 unless uve done it b4
5. Grinder - 4 player co-op like Left for Dead but with the Wiimote
6. No More Heroes 2 - 2 lightsabers, blood, and decapitation
7. Super Mario Bros Wii - 4 Marios running around at the same time = madness
8. Sin & Punishment 2 - Gameplay reminds me of Starfox
9. Zelda - MotionPlus and 2010 release date confirmed at the roundtable
10. Silent Hill - survival horror fans should love this

I don't think anyone lost or won because all 3 systems are having an impressive E3 showing so far

GREAT keynote for Sony. Uncharted 2 is insane. 3 PLAYER CO-OP!! And competitive online. Gran Turismo looks beautiful, and FF14 exclusive will be great. Might re-buy a PSP for LBP, GT, MGS, Motorstorm, etc. but not sure yet.

MAG!!!! YES. Can't freakin wait till I get my hands on this. Really looking forward to learning more about Agent. Also, MW2 will be sick, and I wanna learn more about Crysis 2. There's also Bad Company 2, hopefully that will look solid.

God of War 3 speaks for itself. Freakin awesome. Modnation racers looks interesting but I'll have to see more. And Sony's motion controller + EyeToy = Win. I think M$'s is a cool concept and all but how the hell are you going to play a serious game without any buttons? There's not enough movements for your body to move a character and have actions for him.

Bottom line: I'm so glad I have a PS3 and get to play all these amazing games. The only thing I wish for at this point is cross-game voice chat. And maybe STARHAWK. Wish they'd annouce that, but oh well.

Here's all I can remember. If there's any other input I'll probably edit it.

Summary of Sony E3:

PS2:
-Montage video
-Sales figures

PSP:
-Montage Video (notable games were Rock Band, LBP, Resident Evil)
-Hannah Montana game and Lilac PSP mention
-Assassin's Creed and Resident Evil PSP mention
-PSP Go! Specs (16G internal memory, $249.99, etc.)
-PSP-PS3 connectivity features
-MGS: Peace Walker Demo
-GT5 PSP announcement (800 cars, 35 tracks with 60 variations, Ad-Hoc mode for 4-players and using a friend to unlock content, and releases October 1, 2009)

PSN:
-Montage Video
-MAG Demo footage
-PS Home recap

PS3:
-Montage Video
-Uncharted 2 Demo
-ACII Demo
-ACII PSP-PS3 Connectivity mention
-Rockstar North PS3 exclusive
-New FFXIII Trailer (with English VAs)
-FFXIV Online Trailer (Japanese) and announcement
-ModNation Racers Demo footage
-PS3 Motion Control Tech Demo footage
-GT5 Trailer
-God of War III Demo footage (Retail release: March 2010)

now that would be something to look forward to. i love playing my psp aswell, desperately need some new games for it.
signature_mysig.jpg

Heh, Square are announcing Final Fantasy XIV is going to PC at launch with a distinct possibility that'll head to the 360 at some point. Enix, Enix, Enix... tut tut

GREAT keynote for Sony. Uncharted 2 is insane. 3 PLAYER CO-OP!! And competitive online. Gran Turismo looks beautiful, and FF14 exclusive will be great. Might re-buy a PSP for LBP, GT, MGS, Motorstorm, etc. but not sure yet.

MAG!!!! YES. Can't freakin wait till I get my hands on this. Really looking forward to learning more about Agent. Also, MW2 will be sick, and I wanna learn more about Crysis 2. There's also Bad Company 2, hopefully that will look solid.

God of War 3 speaks for itself. Freakin awesome. Modnation racers looks interesting but I'll have to see more. And Sony's motion controller + EyeToy = Win. I think M$'s is a cool concept and all but how the hell are you going to play a serious game without any buttons? There's not enough movements for your body to move a character and have actions for him.

Bottom line: I'm so glad I have a PS3 and get to play all these amazing games. The only thing I wish for at this point is cross-game voice chat. And maybe STARHAWK. Wish they'd annouce that, but oh well.

Precisely why I'm more excited for Sony's Wiimote killer.

I think M$'s is a cool concept and all but how the hell are you going to play a serious game without any buttons? There's not enough movements for your body to move a character and have actions for him.

I wouldn't really worry about it, Microsoft can always release physical weapon accessories for Natal.

And why do people still do the dollar sign for only Microsoft? what about $ony & Nint€ndo?

Anyone with a PS3, get on the PS Store and download the E3 GT5 trailer. I know you've probably seen it, but my God, in HD, my God.

I'm also downloading Final Fantasy VII, which was announced at E3.

I wouldn't really worry about it, Microsoft can always release physical weapon accessories for Natal.

And why do people still do the dollar sign for only Microsoft? what about $ony & Nint€ndo?

Because only Microsoft is notorious for throwing money at businesses to support their products or requiring supporters to throw money at them to use their products (i.e. paying developers to lose PS3 exclusivities, Xbox Live fees, etc.). And it doesn't help that they have had run-ins with monopoly criticisms in the past.

Sure, the first thing anyone would say in response to that paragraph is that all businesses are in it for the money and obviously need to do things to get money, but I think the simple fact is that Microsoft is the most notorious for it among the big three. Whether they deserve the reputation or not is a different matter, I think.

Can't wait for God of War 3. I'm actually just getting around to playing GOW 1 and 2 back to back.
Behold the glory of HELIOS!!!

Back