Sonys' E3 Press Conference Discussion Thread.

^ Yeah hopefully TGS. They probably showed enough of Heavy Rain with those demos that were released.

Was there even a trailer for MGS: Rising? Or was it just a little video with nothing in particular?

Oh wait, did Microsoft already have their keynote?

lol I didn't know that. Man, it sucks there was no trailer, then.

So, to all those who have seen all the conferences, who performed the best?

It's hard. Sony and Microsoft were both damn good, you could argue either one to be first with the other a close second. Nintendo were dead last though. Nintendo were dead.

The only thing Nintendo had going for them was Metroid. It looks DAMN good, but thats just one compared to the onslaught held by Sony.

Here's all I can remember. If there's any other input I'll probably edit it.

Summary of Sony E3:

PS2:
-Montage video
-Sales figures

PSP:
-Montage Video (notable games were Rock Band, LBP, Resident Evil)
-Hannah Montana game and Lilac PSP mention
-Assassin's Creed and Resident Evil PSP mention
-PSP Go! Specs (16G internal memory, $249.99, etc.)
-PSP-PS3 connectivity features
-MGS: Peace Walker Demo
-GT5 PSP announcement (800 cars, 35 tracks with 60 variations, Ad-Hoc mode for 4-players and using a friend to unlock content, and releases October 1, 2009)

PSN:
-Montage Video
-MAG Demo footage
-PS Home recap

PS3:
-Montage Video
-Uncharted 2 Demo
-ACII Demo
-ACII PSP-PS3 Connectivity mention
-Rockstar North PS3 exclusive (The Agent)
-New FFXIII Trailer (with English VAs)
-FFXIV Online Trailer (Japanese) and announcement
-ModNation Racers Demo footage
-PS3 Motion Control Tech Demo footage
-GT5 Trailer
-God of War III Demo footage (Retail release: March 2010)

Last edited:
GT PSP was announced in 05 and been delayed. ACPSP announced 2ish weeks ago. These are more 'mentions' than anything.

Yeah, just a wrong word choice. I will now make the necessary changes.

Hey guys, sorry if this was already mentioned during this thread, but I'm too lazy to search through 11 pages. Would anyone have a link to the tech demo of Sony's motion controller they showed?

Also, on a side note, MGS: Peace Walker and God Of War III look awesome.

Responding to the question on the last page: Sony definitely won the show. M$ didn't have anything interesting, anything to saw WOW! about, but sony had many wow moments. Nintendo obviously failed though, with the Wii Vitality Sensor.
epic facepalm well deserved there, someone needs to sack Iwata, he's the one that's doing this.

I personally am more sold on PS3's Wiimote killer over X360's Project Natal. Sony's concept could actually be applied to core gamer games...while Natal would be way too awkward. I mean really, how could Natal respond to your hand gestures of firing a gun or throwing projectiles when there isn't anything there?

Just saw the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves E3 demo. Out-****in-standing is all I have to say.

im really excited for the new psp and resident evil game. i think the psp looks slick, just might get me back into portable gaming outside of my ipod touch..

and ima huge resident evil fan. any resident evil game that isnt on rails is awesome IMO. i have Degeneration for the iphone and its like a full resident evil portable game. cant wait to see what they do with the PSP one.

other than that project natal impressed, modern warfare 2 impressed, nintendo failed yet again, wii vitality sensor!? wtf is that. i feel bad for all the wii owners out there, this is the second year in a row they didnt get anything worth mentioning at E3.

i still need to finish the 2nd half of sonys press conference, i have it tievo'd but havent watched it all, im looking forward to seeing their motion control tech.

im really excited for the new psp and resident evil game. i think the psp looks slick, just might get me back into portable gaming outside of my ipod touch..

and ima huge resident evil fan. any resident evil game that isnt on rails is awesome IMO. i have Degeneration for the iphone and its like a full resident evil portable game. cant wait to see what they do with the PSP one.

other than that project natal impressed, modern warfare 2 impressed, nintendo failed yet again, wii vitality sensor!? wtf is that. i feel bad for all the wii owners out there, this is the second year in a row they didnt get anything worth mentioning at E3.

i still need to finish the 2nd half of sonys press conference, i have it tievo'd but havent watched it all, im looking forward to seeing their motion control tech.
You're kidding right? The Nintendo confrence WOULD have sucked if it wasn't for Other M. That game looks like it'll be AMAZING.

Metroid Other M and Mario were the Nintendo highlights. other than that Nintendo sucked it up once again.

God of War 3, FF13, FF14, FF7 on the PSstore. damn Sony did good.

Back