SOTW #10 Voting

Spaggy said:
Tarheelsuperman, that is extreme. The best damn thing I've ever seen. It deserves to pulverise the others, seriously.. One question: How did you do the on-screen MKDS scenes? Did you take a screenshot and use the perspective tool? And add shadow?

Thanks! Yeah I took some screens from some site I don't remember probably IGN. Then used the perspective tool to get them to fit in with my DS design. I then gave the top screen an inner glow on black to give it a bit of a glassy feel. I then added a feathered softlight white layer on the top screen to give it the glow.

I didn't do as much with the bottom screen due to the fact that it is not as bright as the top screen on a real DS. I think I did a black color overlay on it and lowered the opacity to give it the duller look.

I'm glad you like it.

Celestial, I really like your sig, especially the effects in the background, which make it ‘fantasy’ like. Nice one. :)

Last edited:
tarheelsuperman said:

No problem :D

tarheelsuperman said:
I then gave the top screen an inner glow on black to give it a bit of a glassy feel.

I got everything except that. An inner glow on black?

Yunaleska said:
Celestial, I really like your sig, especially the effects in the background, which make it ‘fantasy’ like. Nice one. :)

lol thanks, Gymdawg made it for a SOTW.. and then I asked if I could have it

I really wanna know where he got the heart at the bottom from

Celestial said:
Yunaleska said:
lol thanks, Gymdawg made it for a SOTW.. and then I asked if I could have it

I really wanna know where he got the heart at the bottom from
Thanks, I'm glad you both like it. The heart was, and still is, I suppose, part of a brush pack.

God, tarheel is owning. I was wondering why until I found out that he made the DS. XP Kickass work. Honestly man. I could never do it.

Spaggy said:
I got everything except that. An inner glow on black?

yeah...On the top screen shot...I applied an inner glow layer style (little circle with an "f" at the bottom of the layers panel) and changed that inner glow color to black and then tweaked the settings for the inner glow a bit to get the look I was after.

Just a suggestion Tarheel...could you put text on it? I was just thinking how horrible it would be if someone stole that. >.> Just a simple "Tar" or something. Unless it would ruin it, that could easily be the reason why you didn't do it in the 1st place..

ssbb_lover said:
Just a suggestion Tarheel...could you put text on it? I was just thinking how horrible it would be if someone stole that. >.> Just a simple "Tar" or something. Unless it would ruin it, that could easily be the reason why you didn't do it in the 1st place..

Not a bad suggestion...I think I need to come up with my own little tag anyway.

Back