Spielberg making "BoomBlox"

sarasota

Let the Wii pwnage begin.
Nov 13, 2007
Sarasota, Florida
Saw this on CNN.com this morning, pretty interesting:

Spielberg’s Latest Attraction: Video Games
Posted: 05:10 PM ET
He has created some of the most iconic visuals in the history of film. From a giant, ravenous shark to aliens from far away worlds. Now, Academy Award-winning auteur Steven Spielberg is focusing his lens on your video-game console. http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/images/02/07/boom.bloc.medieval.2.jpg
EA, the world’s largest producer of video-games, and Spielberg have pulled back the curtain on what marks the debut of the filmmaker’s first ever video-game “BoomBlox.”
Just like his film work, “BoomBlox” promises to be equally ambitious, boasting over 300 levels as well as a cast of over 30 characters.
An exclusive for the Nintendo Wii, “BoomBlox” will allow gamers of every age to play their way through hundreds of challenges and even “remix” levels of the games and then share them with their friends across the WiiConnect network.
An avid gamer himself, Spielberg said in a statement, “my inspiration for this game came while I was playing the Wii for the first time. ” Pointing to the Wii’s innovative control-system, he added “BOOM BLOX plays on the enjoyment of building and knocking down blocks, something that can appeal innately to kids and adults of all ages. “
The game, which was developed at EA’s Los studios in Los Angeles, is set for release in May.

Based on the picture I'm not impressed really, looks like "tetris 2008" to me. I'm sure its cool and all but not groundbreaking entertainment using the wii-mote, at best you probably just point where you want it and hold the wiimote in the direction you want the brick to be placed.Followed by an elaborate explosion based on how well you built it.

Just more shovelware with a name drop in it hoping to grab some sales.

Hey 3rd party if you want to make money how about investing a little money yourself and making a "good game", then showing us in advertisments on the big ole T.V. that it is a "good game".

wezeles said:
Based on the picture I'm not impressed really, looks like "tetris 2008" to me. I'm sure its cool and all but not groundbreaking entertainment using the wii-mote, at best you probably just point where you want it and hold the wiimote in the direction you want the brick to be placed.Followed by an elaborate explosion based on how well you built it.

Just more shovelware with a name drop in it hoping to grab some sales.

Hey 3rd party if you want to make money how about investing a little money yourself and making a "good game", then showing us in advertisments on the big ole T.V. that it is a "good game".
the ever vigilant and criticizing wezels.

Its just like his movies,lol even if his name is attached to it still has to be good to sell... ha ha

wezeles said:
Its just like his movies,lol even if his name is attached to it still has to be good to sell... ha ha
his movie games have sucked too. remember ET?

Oh i remeber it... its sitting about 3 feet away from me laughing at me...lol but i dont think he had much more than his name attached to it though..

With an imagination like his, I'm surprised he's not developing a futuristic AI(the movie) type game. or Something along the lines of Resistence meets The Six Sense.
By the way, I don't think Spielberg had anything to do with ET the video game.

Back