SSBM - Advanced how to Play

1)no not really, i was not overly impresed by the techniques used. All of those can be usefully, but u need to catch your oponent first. Im very confident that i can still beat u. you said it yourselfe...

"Technical skill is not enough to win a match, but I don't play to be flashy. I'll kill my opponents and look like crap doing it, but I don't risk losing in serious matches."

2) and im not completley set into my "i beat my friend mentality" and the reason i say this is because im comfident in my friends skill, I know he can beat u easily as well. (if u are talking about stoukaph i beat him much more often than he beats me.) And yes i would wager on it, would you?

$50 Money Match sound good? BTW, if those techniques don't impress you, what does? Great Mindgames (which I prefer over technical game) or something else? Or maybe they don't impress you because you've known them for a long time? Anyway, I'd like to know what makes you so confident you can easily beat me. Won a couple major tournaments or something?

the same i ask u. Why are u so bent on beating everybody here. You say we are the one's going on about how we can own pple and yet u sit there telling everybody how bad they really are. The reason i was not impressed is because although they are usefull, u can easily do withought them, and a lot of those yes i have known for a long time. What does imprese me is someone who is able to play well, not just because they know a bunch of techniques, but knows how to play and enjoy the game. U say what makes me so confident im going to win, the fact that i belive in my own skill, the exact same way u believe in your own skill. so again I ask you, whay are u so bent on telling everyone they suck at the game, or that they are not as good as they say they are, for all u and I know they could be. And the whole bet thing is pretty much a retarded idea, yes I would bet, but but im not about to do money dealings over the internet, and im not about to give out my adress.

I don't like cockiness. I'll explain this again, I'm not the best smasher ever. Not even close. I even fall to a noob smasher once in awhile. But I know that. Alot of people here claim to be great, where really they are nothing compared to me, and I'm not even close to great. I'm confident in my skills, and I'm certainly not noob, but I have a problem with people that talk like they know it all while really they know very little. And I wouldn't really have a problem with you if you didn't claim to be able to beat me easily.

Same here - I may have a lot of tech skills and often can beat noob smashers but if I get too carried away I can be beaten by the noob smash happy players. I have come across many people who think they're better and you beat them and they just leave in frustration.

I have had my own share of cockiness. When I started playing friendlies I used to beat all the noobs there and thought I was great. Then I came across a couple people who challenged me. They asked me if I was good. I arrogantly said I was and was ready to battle. I was completely stunned when they beat me. I didn't leave whinging like a ***** or crying in shame. I recollected myself and told myself that if I have to get better I might as well learn from my mistakes more than from my winnings. Also I had to say I'm good on a certain level, not good as in godly, which was what I thought I was before I came across better people. Put simply, I'm not the best smasher ever, not even close (quote from trickz)

It also woke me up to the world of competitiveness smash.

Trickz - I wouldn't mind seeing some of your vids. Where can I view/download them?

I would love to see some vids of all of u guys, u all sound so good:p I'm not amazing, I can't get all the moves down, but I can beat everyone I know which is not anything to write home about:sick: As weird as it sounds, i'm confident u guys could beat me.

Trickz said:
1)I don't like cockiness. I'll explain this again, 2)I'm not the best smasher ever. Not even close. I even fall to a noob smasher once in awhile. But I know that. 3)Alot of people here claim to be great, where really they are nothing compared to me, and I'm not even close to great. 4)I'm confident in my skills, and I'm certainly not noob, but 5)I have a problem with people that talk like they know it all while really they know very little. And 6) I wouldn't really have a problem with you if you didn't claim to be able to beat me easily.

1) ok I understand
2)so here you are saying that it is very possible for me to beat you.
3)Yes that is very true, but have u ever thought that maybe someone was telling the truth and again you say you are not even close to great which again proves what i have been saying that i could beat you. i know that I could be wrong, but lets move on to number 4....
4)I too am confident in my skill, and when we do play (SSBMELEE) well put our confidence in our own skill to the test.
5)I understand
6) lol, so u keep finding these online videos and what not, just becaus im confident in myselfe, since when was that a crime, just because someone claims to be good at a game and really is not dont waste your time trying to shut them down, let the poor noob think they are good and than die and crash when they play a real opponent and realize they suck. U say u can beat me and i say i can beat u, u are doing the exact same thing to me, from my point of view.

Well, I may be doing to you what you are doing to me, but you haven't back down yet, have you? And I can understand your confident, but how good do you really think you are? Seriously, everyone who's any good is gonna have to have confidence, but I told you I know where I stand. Do you KNOW how good you are compared to the world, or are you guessing?

roflmfao, of coarse I havent backed down yet, if I did that I might as well not even play you if the wii supports SSBM online. No **** sherlock, if i had no confidence i would have stoped responding to your posts long ago. And again i will just copy a section from your own post because I ask you the same thing,
Do you KNOW how good you are compared to the world, or are you guessing?

lol i cant agree more with ssbb lover, im confindent with my game and all but i didnt know that such complex figures were there! i was blind to the game all this time and thought that what i saw was all the game had to offer...i will hone up my skills with these new ones im trying to learn cuz its still hard to learn even after watching all 3 videos once; im also gonna devise counter attacks (but of course when i get hte wii and brawl, i will do it all on that and i wont spend too much time on the GC since itll b a waste of time and everyone will b playing Brawl). it just tells me that there is more to my gaming and that im not actually as good as i thought i was and that maybe others can beat me with thesse new techniques. let it b known tho that i am still confident that my awesome ganandorf has great chance of beating u pros tho :)

Waste of time? Since when has playing OoT or SSB been a waste of time on the N64 even now?!?!?

Sounds like you haven't been to a tournament or fought against good people nearby and far. Ganondorf - who do u think outweighs Ganondorf in speed and range? I'd say either Samus or Link can beat him easily. You sound like my cousin - he was very easy to beat all I had to do was constantly wavedash and mix it up with dashdances and shield grabs and bam! - he was defeated. This skill is called mindgames.

Might as well learn them as much as possible on Melee so that when I get brawl I can easily transfer my skills onto the new game.

RPGMasterTurk91 said:
lol i cant agree more with ssbb lover, im confindent with my game and all but i didnt know that such complex figures were there! i was blind to the game all this time and thought that what i saw was all the game had to offer...i will hone up my skills with these new ones im trying to learn cuz its still hard to learn even after watching all 3 videos once; im also gonna devise counter attacks (but of course when i get hte wii and brawl, i will do it all on that and i wont spend too much time on the GC since itll b a waste of time and everyone will b playing Brawl). it just tells me that there is more to my gaming and that im not actually as good as i thought i was and that maybe others can beat me with thesse new techniques. let it b known tho that i am still confident that my awesome ganandorf has great chance of beating u pros tho :)
Um you don't know how anybody playes here -.- So how do hell do you know that you can beat the pro's here?

linkzeldagame said:
Sounds like you haven't been to a tournament or fought against good people nearby and far

Yes it does sound like that.

Well atleast another person learned something new about SSBM shortly after posting that he was the ownage. Anyways I'm not gonna really argue with you anymore. I'll answer the question that I asked you (about guessing about skill) but I'd like it if you answered first, considering I asked you first.

Back