SSBM - Advanced how to Play

linkzeldagame said:
Waste of time? Since when has playing OoT or SSB been a waste of time on the N64 even now?!?!?

Sounds like you haven't been to a tournament or fought against good people nearby and far. Ganondorf - who do u think outweighs Ganondorf in speed and range? I'd say either Samus or Link can beat him easily. You sound like my cousin - he was very easy to beat all I had to do was constantly wavedash and mix it up with dashdances and shield grabs and bam! - he was defeated. This skill is called mindgames.

Might as well learn them as much as possible on Melee so that when I get brawl I can easily transfer my skills onto the new game.

It really doesn't matter what character you play as, as long as the player is skilled.

I'm a highly skilled player and it really doesn't matter what character I choose, I win regardless, just make sure you know the characters limits and strenghts and use them to capitalize on your enemy. My character of choice is Mario and it's a rare occasion that I choose a different character.

I've won many 1vs1 tourneys and free for all tourneys with him. I remember when my opponents had to triple team me to try to take me on, in the end I still won.

Might I add, I haven't suffered 1 defeat yet.

Trickz said:
Well, I may be doing to you what you are doing to me, but you haven't back down yet, have you? And I can understand your confident, but how good do you really think you are? Seriously, everyone who's any good is gonna have to have confidence, but I told you I know where I stand. Do you KNOW how good you are compared to the world, or are you guessing?

Well, good thing your tired of arguing too because we were basakly BOTH just reapeating ourselves -.- Il gladly answer your questions although i have already answerd them.

of coarse i havent baked down. I belive I am good enough to beat you in the same sense that you feel you are good enough to beat me. I wish I could say that I know how good I am compared to the ENTIRE WORLD, but that is pretty much impossible unless i go to a world championship and frankly I dont have the time or money to fly around to do that.

now your turn to ansewr the questions and i guess were done with this topic.

Edit: lol ya glad that nub was stoped... but u dont have to turn it into a which hunt, which is what u basakly did here -.- >_<

Ok, of course I don't know exactly how good I am, but I've been to a couple tournaments and I watch a lot of videos from big tournies and I try to keep track of pros. Ok and 1 last point before I refrain myself from posting here again, Mario_Famous if you haven't suffered any losses yet, it proves nothing. Highest ranked player in the world (Ken) has suffured losses. Obviously your competition just hasn't been good enough.

Well it isn't my fault that noboby's skilled enough to defeat me. I would say the same thing to this Ken of yours. I've played many skilled people, mabe better than this Ken of yours...we would'nt know though.

Ok. I'm terribly sorry. My last post here, I promise. Those "World championship" things Dark_Void said he couldn't go to, ya Ken can. He wins them alot. Huge tournaments with people considered the best in the world. And he wins them. He's travelled to Japan, and I think Europe (Not sure), and he's beaten those known as the best there. Please don't question Ken's skill, if you have to question mine I'll live with it. BTW, People are good enough to beat Ken, he just beats them more often.

So Ken isn't the best, he is called the best because he is known and enter tounaments, that basically sums it up, anyone of my calibur of skill could easily do that, all you have to do is travel, but people have lives and don't really have money to spend thousands of dollars to travel around the world to play one tourney.

I've been in tourneys here and in New York, thats as far as I go. When SSBB comes out it will nullify the need to travel so that eases my mind. When SSBB does come out remember my name and see this Ken be bested right befor your eyes.

Last edited:
Ok, I lied as well, but Mario_Famous, if you were anywhere near as good as Ken you could win a couple of tournaments and as such money wouldn't be a problem. Ken makes a lot of money you know, he wins MANY tournaments, beats a lot of people that are KNOWN as being the best. They play ALOT. They enter these tournaments because they want the PROVE their the best. And if you ever play a tournament that Kens in and win, good job. Until then, STFU.

We don't play for money and even if did, we damn sure won't spend it just to travel to play a single game. We usually get trophies and such. Ken is Known as the best because he's been around, but know this, he isn't the best, he's just popular, don't get the 2 mixed up. There are plenty of people who are 2x more skilled as a player, take me for example. I won't STFU just because you are getting upset about me talking about your Ben...or Ken..whatever the hell his name is. I've probably played in more tourneys than him even if I don't travel around the world. I know my record is better than his, there are probably more people with a record better than him. Until this Ken beats me or any other very skilled player, I don't consider him as champ.

Last edited:
Trickz said:
Ok, I lied as well, but Mario_Famous, if you were anywhere near as good as Ken you could win a couple of tournaments and as such money wouldn't be a problem. Ken makes a lot of money you know, he wins MANY tournaments, beats a lot of people that are KNOWN as being the best. They play ALOT. They enter these tournaments because they want the PROVE their the best. And if you ever play a tournament that Kens in and win, good job. Until then, STFU.
Lol sounds alot like your bragging about him :/

Back