SSX Blur

Schneideren

Software Engineer Student
May 8, 2007
Denmark
Wii Online Code
3299-0924-7094-7534
Im due to buy a new game very soon, and I think of buying SSX Blur. What are you guys opinion on this game, is it any good like the other SSX-games? Any problems with the game? Is the durability good? Good gameplay?

Come with your reviews ;)

Cheers Sch

I don't personally own the game myself but I played it at a friend's house some time ago. It was pretty cool with good controls. Its an alright game. Goodluck with your decision. :thumbsup:

Thx! Seen alot of vidz now and ..... think im gonna buy that ;)

Anyone know anything specific on the multiplayer part of the game, is it any good?

As far as multiplayer goes you can do big air, and slope style, but everyone takes turns, one after another. and I think you can have split screen Races, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Game play mechanics are very fun, but a lil hard to get used to, let me break it down:

Nunchuck- Tilt left and right to carve, use joystick for small, precise turns.

Tricks- flick of the nunchuck to jump (or hold and release A, if you're boring). To spin, you turn the wiimote left, right, or point up or down to spin or do flips. Then, while holding the Z trigger, you tilt left, right, forward, or backward on the nunchuck to do one of 4 grabs. The fun part comes when you're trying to do a grab and a spin at once. (Doing a front flip with a method is hard at first cause you need to tilt the wiimote down, and the nunchuck to the left, confuses you're hands)

Uber Tricks- The fun, but most frustrating part. you will actually draw shapes in the air to pull of uber tricks. Some will requite both wiimote and nunchuck. Here's a lil vid for ya
http://gonintendo.com/?p=11890

The gameplay is a blast once you get a hang of it. There are in game tutorials and stuff to get you started, but you really just need to practice. you'll get the hang of it, and it will all be worth it. Hope this helped:thumbsup:

Thank you very much for your contribution Tank!

it's awesome and has a good multiplayer mode. it's worth it to buy it just for the halfpipe.

I really think this is one of the most solid games on the Wii right now. Definitely has a learning curve but very worth it. I wish there were more events and tournaments though.

Nice enough lads!.... Nice with the multiplayer functions, and thx for the review 'Wii-Brendo' :)

SSX Blur is a great game, the controls are tight once you get the hang of it, and the graphics are some of the best yet on the Wii in my opinion. Since no one has mentioned the soundtrack, I'll add that. The soundtrack it superb. All the tracks are written by Junkie XL, and while most of the tracks are Big Beat, which is a departure for Junkie, it grew on me fast, and it really fits the game well. Big Beat is the style popularized by Fat Boy Slim if you're not if you're not familiar that genera. What really makes it work however is the control you have over the music just through gameplay. When you begin a race or event, the music starts with just the basic breakbeat, when you nail your first big trick, the bassline may come in, you nail another series of tricks and the synth will come in. So in essence your gameplay builds the music, play good for long enough and the music will eventually peakout. There are little things as well, like if you came to a complete stop the music will stop, accompanied be the brake sound you would hear if you hit stop on a turntable. Awesome touch. How it does all this while managing to keep in time with the music I don't know, but it adds to one of the most unique soundtrack experiences out there. I definitively recommend this. 9.0 - 10

there is definantly a learning curve but once you can nail ubertricks- the game turns into a real gem. i gave it a 9.2. you are going to hate it for the first three hours cuz it takes a looong time to get the controls down, but after that it is amazing. it is more difficult than the previous games, but if you liked the last ones- you are going to love it.

there are only three things i would change:
1. soundtrack is weak in this title.
2. bring back the lodge- that way you could by clothing instead of unlocking it.
3. bring back create-a-character mode.

but despite these flaws. it it freakin sweet.

im thinking of getting this also, is it as good as the first 1 for ps2 cause if it is it will be great, or is it better? and for the multioplayer was tank right about taking turns, or is there a mode were you can split screen and do race/trick?
thanks

Back