StarEdge-The COSMOS Project (Official RP)

Orbus looked around warily.

"Even if this could pass a trade ship... We still have one problem."

Orbus nudged a glance over the Darius's ship still docked in the bay.

"What are we going to do about that? That ship is no trade ship... And I would wager there is no place to store it. What are we gonna do?"

"Well, it seems like it's too late for us to bail out of whatever it is that's going on here" said Lillis "If it's deception you all are in need of, you come to the right men. Think you can work out a con, Junior?"

"I guess I could try..." said Townes "How much time you reckon we have?"

Last edited:
"I'd give us one minute."
Darius would have laughed if the situation wasn't so serious.

"I'd say not any time," replied Gerumbio. "But you're right about the ship."
"Either we try to trick them, or high-tail it out of here. Fighting the Queryman would be suicide. Darius, what do you suggest?"

Darius considered the options quickly.
"I don't want your cover to be blown on my account, Gerumbio, and running would cause that. If you can make up something about the ship, I think we've got a chance to hide. Can you do it?"

"I could think of a few ways to get them off it" said Townes "But I don't think too many of them would let us keep the ship."

Darius looked down in his hand at the Power Node, safely hidden in a piece of cloth.
"If we have to lose the ship, so be it. Tell us what we have to do, and please hurry."

"Okay, so the idea" said Townes, speaking rapidly "Is that that is a Resistance ship. Lillis can be a rogue Resistance officer who's docked here and forced Gerumbio to refuel his ship. Threats of violence and all that, keep Gerumbio looking good'n innocent. I'll be the ship's pilot. The two of us get some vac-suits on, and then once they Querymen show up, we take off in that silver ship there, drop some ballast to help it speed up, we stow into the ballast, leave the ship on autopilot, and when the Querymen blast after it, we just drift back here and you pick us up. We pulled the same sort of stunt not two months ago near Tlaloc on some drug lords what didn't take too kindly to us. Worked just fine."

Last edited:
Squig, Fallo, and the two other men touched down on the moon of Inops.

"Alright, heres the deal. These ships here are capable of staying invisible for one more hour. Id prefer that they stay invisible so that they arnt hijacked by Darius or anyone. Is that clear?" said Squig. "Alright, you two guys can search the docking bay on this moon for ships that look like they dont belong. Me and Fallo will try to find someone who knows where Darius is. If you find something, alert me on my walkie-talkie."

The four of them split up in opposite directions. Squig and Fallo blasted off to the planet Inops.

"Gosh, this planet looks terrible. Im glad that my sense of smell isnt that good." remarked Squig after looking at all the garbage.

The two of them had just barely gotten into the city when Squigs walkie-talkie started vibrating. He picked it up.

"Yes? ...yeah, over." he said

"Captain, we found a silver vehicle that looks like it might belong to Darius. It defenently isnt a trade ship. Should we beam it up to the Cruiser? Over."

"No, dont. Ill be there in a sec. Over."

He and Fallo rushed to meet up with the others in the moons dockingbay. They saw, using space binoculars, a silver-ship in the docking bay of a large green-pear shaped ship.

"Yes...this may indeed be Darius's ship. Im surprised that idiots as stupid as you made such a good find." said Squig "Ill alert the Cruiser about this ship. If the pickle-like ship leaves, Ill have them pursue it. If Darius's ship takes off, theyll shoot it down. Meanwhile, Ill be asking around here for information. If Darius is still on this moon....well, Ill just take care of him myself. "

Edit: OOC: OK, so Darius's ship is near the moon of Inops, correct? In Gerumbios ship? Edited that in. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. Ill pay better attention from now on.

Last edited:
Seeng stepped out of her ship and spotted her spy from earlier, she rushed over, "Which way did Darius go?"

The old man gave a wide toothless grin, "You mean that Darius fellow? Why he sped off just a while ago."

"What?! Where did he go?"

"I'm only paid to watch the docks, lady."

With a grimace, Seeng slowly walked back to her ship. It seemed as though the trail had gone cold. Suddenly she heard a familiar grating voice.

"Yes?"

"Captain, we found a silver vehicle that looks like it might belong to Darius. It definitely isnt a trade ship. Should we beam it up to the Cruiser?"

"No, don't. I'll be there in a sec."

Squig got back in his ship, and took off. Seeng heaved a sigh, and ran back into her own craft and sped after him.

Once in the air, she looked through the ship's contact list. After a few seconds she scrolled down to Squig's name which appeared to have some sort of star next to it. After selecting it, she heard a few rings before Squig picked up.

"Squig, do not go after Darius alone. You are a strong fighter, probably strong enough to match him...But, I have the feeling he has some friends. You will need my help if you wish to have any chance of defeating them. Over."

She shut the transmitter off, and awaited Squig's reply as she slowly approached the docked silver ship.

"Alright gentlemen." He gestured to Darius and Orbis "Hide in the back storeroom. Lillis, Townes, let's do this."

After getting her message, Squig dialed Seeng on his phone. He clicked on the number that said "Annoying cat-lady."

"Seeng? The super-awesome Squig here. I really dont think that you would be of any use, but you can tag along with me and my bodyguard Fallo if you really want to. Just dont get in my way. Ill be waiting for you in the docking bay. Oh yeah, and youre not off the hook for stealing my ship just yet. ...over."

Squig hung up. He secretly realized how useful Seeng would actually be to him, but he denied it, of course.

A few minutes went by, and Seeng didnt arrive. Suddenly, Squig noticed some yelling going on in a building close by. He kept listening, and eventually heard someone shriek in pain.

"Fallo, Im going to investigate. If Seeng gets here sometime this decade, tell her where I am."

He headed to the building.

Darius nodded and hurried into the back with Orbus, clutching the Power Node tightly.
I just hope this works...

"Alright, Mustachio, hold still" said Lillis as he finished tieing Gerumbio to a chair, hands behind his back "Now you feel this bit I'm putting in your hand now? Hold that tight. You give that a tug, the whole knot comes undone. Be sure to intercept the ballast before we fall down to Inops and perish in a ball of fire, alright? Ready, Junior?"

"Ready" said Townes, putting on the helmet of his suit. Darius had shown Townes how to put the ship on autopilot, and they now sat waiting in its cockpit.

"Say, Townes" said Lillis through the suit-to-suit communication system "You know how when you told our esteemed new friends about that job we pulled on Tlaloc that 'worked just fine', you left out the part about you panicking and losing your **** when faced with the inviolable depths of the infinite void? That ain't gonna be a problem today, is it?"

"Well" said Townes "Boreas Clatun says that the only true way to purge one's fears is to face them in the eye. 'Course he also describes space as a perfect metaphor for man's eternal fear of the ultimate unknown that is death."

"Clatun?"

"Heard of him?"

"Some dead Cartanian, right?"

"Sure, I guess that about sums up a lifetime of work which reshaped philosophical thought."

"Well, you want my advice? When the time comes, close your eyes. Anyway, it looks like we got us some company."

Townes and Lillis could see the Querymen's ship gliding through space toward the Silverwing. Townes took off.

Last edited:
"Sure hope those boys make it back here alright. Darius, you and Orbus can come out now. The Querymen fell for it. Those two are putting on quite a show."

Back