start up disc?

xpirate77

Wiiiiii
Oct 15, 2006
um, i realized this when i first opened my wii, but the was taken in by the wii-ness, so i forgot until just now but..

where was this super secret crazy illusive start up disc...

for the past like 3 weeks it has been the talk of many forums, and um...mine didnt have one..

not only did it not have one, but its working fine..

did it end up not coming with one?.

What do you mean by start up disc like a disc you put in to see if your disc drive works or what? or did you mean the free game that comes with it?

AmoebA said:
What do you mean by start up disc like a disc you put in to see if your disc drive works or what? or did you mean the free game that comes with it?
well there was/is supposed to be a disc that came with the system, that was name "Wii start up disc" or something along those lines. It said it on the box that it would be included with the Wii, yet "Wii sports" was not included in the contents section of what was in the box.
So people naturally speculated it Wii Sports was the Wii Start up disc.
make sense?

I was looking for the start up disc when I first opened the box, but after not finding one I read the box contents which no longer lists a startup disc as an included item and instead lists Wii Sports.

i think nintendo scraped the startup disc thing. also if you boot up your system for the first time and it asks for a start up disc. dont even bother looking because your Wii is DOA. you gotta call nintendo and have them send you a replacement

Wouldnt surprise me if the startup disc is for european models, and wont play without it, as the european one is going to region locked.

sheppy124 said:
Wouldnt surprise me if the startup disc is for european models, and wont play without it, as the european one is going to region locked.
All Wii systems are region locked :shocked:

some people got a wii demo unit insted that required a wii startup disc but wasent in the box. They had to send it back. i think i found the link on cheap ass gamers.

Last edited:
frontsidefish said:
So is Wii Sports the disc or not?
no disc is the startup disc. nintendo i guess decided not to use a startup disc however some of the systems stil ask for one. if it does, call nintendo and they will get you a new one for free

I didn't think about it until I was already playing Wii Sports, but I did notice that I didn't get one of the infamous startup disks. But, who gives a flyin' f? The Wii kicks ass and no one can tell me otherwise!!! Long live the Wii!!!!

Back