Starting to play TG 08

JOBR

WiiChat Member
Jan 7, 2008
Hey there, just got my Wii for christmas and now I am just trying to figure out Tiger Woods 08. Not a s simple as it looks. Two questions...first I know that the money you win should be used to buy things to make your guy better...but how do I find out with will make him better?? Second...when I do a skills challenge b/c I messed up a whole in a tournament...I can't get the "full shot" challenge to work?? I make a "full shot" and the ball goes way over the green, so I make a short swing to get within 1 ft of the cup and it still says that I need to make a better shot...any ideas???

the stuff you go to buy just look at the info about it. most the stuff you start out with will be level 1 & don't really help you much. once you start getting sponsors you unlock more stuff & then you'll start to see stuff you can buy that will have level 3 or 4 with little green boxes that increase the skills you do have.

most the time with the training on challenges and stuff they want you to get pretty close to the pin. try different clubs & what not to try and get there. just remember how many clicks (how many times you push the control pad a certain way) & if you do good on it do the exact same thing again.

if you are playing by yourself do the tiger challenges when you do good on those you get skill points that later on after that match you should be able to use in the next one. under "my career" look in "my skills".

hopefully that helped out some. i just recently got the game not too long ago & have been playing a lot. so if you have any other questions just message me, i might be able to help since the book that came with the game is seriously lacking.

Cool. Thanks for the info. It is on hole 6 at Doral where it seems to be screwed up with the "tutorial" mode thing. I guess I did bad on that hole in a tournament, so it wants me to go back and make a "full shot" out of the sand near the hole??? it doesn't give me an aiming circle or a green grid??? I will still keep trying to get the ball IN the hole I guess?!?!

are you talking about in the training mode? because if you are sometimes i gives you really weird shots that you messed up on. try it a few times and if that doesn't work i've noticed getting out of it & leaving the training mode & going back in it's usually gone, even though i didn't complete it. i guess it realized it wasn't makeable.

I have tried to leave, then come back. and even turn the wii off?? btw, how do I add you to the friends list??

i haven't had to totally leave the game or turn my wii off. have you tried trying different clubs? different swings? if you are stuck under trees and aren't able to get out try using the 3W just don't hit it as hard, that will keep you low enough to the ground you won't hit the tree branches. if that doesn't work i wouldn't worry about that one training event it isn't going to change too much.

you can try on this window to add me, click my name & add to buddy list.

It is in training mode, I am in the sand close to the hole. Nothing in front of me but green. The training session is called "hit a good "Full Shot"". I can't choose flop or chip or punch. It has to be full. I have got the ball within inches of the whole and it still says :close, but you can do better"? not sure what it wants me to do still. With a "Full Shot" I barely even have to swing. Like a 10th of a swing gets me to hit a 30% shot. I am starting to think its a glitch?? and I can't access anymore my training on shots that I have difficulty with until I finish this one it looks like?? Dunno?!?!?! hehe

it should let you pick any of the training things you have. not just the first one. i never do them in order. maybe try just moving your wrist (like you would do when you are putting) & barely hit it. that might work.

Back