Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Suggestion: Wii foot accessory?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by SeslanReed, Apr 1, 2007.

1. SeslanReed

SeslanReed WiiChat Member

This has been bugging me for a while now. I know that the nunchuck add-on is usually used for character motion in a game. But what about the possibility of wireless footstraps that acting as the analog stick instead? I mean, it's not that hard to make. All you need is the motion sensors from the wii-mote (on the foot straps) and a wireless receiver (with the original nunchuck shoulder buttons on it) attached to the wii-mote in your hand, and you wouldn't even need a second controller port for this function.

In my dream-accessory scenario, there would be two foot straps per player. One is general movement (i.e. step forward a little to walk, step forward a lot to run, turn the foot to change directions, and sidestepping is possible too) and the other is there for a jump function (i.e. usually only the first strap leaves the ground as you move it around to control character movement, but if both straps leave the ground, the character would jump instead).

Possible uses for this kind of accessory would be:
    RPG's and general exploration
    Survival horror (jumping while playing used to make you look like an idiot or a wuss. Well, now jumping may save your life in the game.)
    Platformers (Coin, coin, brick, brick... Mushroom!)
    Sports games (like soccer and fighting as mentioned in another thread)
    And of course... DDR

Sure, the incidents of Wii-related damages and injuries may increase, but I'd say that's a fair trade-off for an even more immersive gaming experience, right? :p

2. MysticGohan

MysticGohan WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 2476-7789-3835-5591
    2476-7789-3835-5591
    that would be great for the WWE thats coming out! you can use it to kick!

3. nic7

nic7 Wiichat Member

Wii Friend Code: 8853-1952-9704-6115
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    i bet theyve got something in the works..

btw, welcome to wiichat!

4. paintba||er

paintba||er WiiChat Member

Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: s
    Wii Friend Code: 8354-0173-2009-5422
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    But if you have to actually walk then it wouldn't work because you would end up walking right up to your TV. Then what would you do? I guess you could use a treadmill.

5. SeslanReed

SeslanReed WiiChat Member

You've misinterpreted what I said. What I mean is that you first start off standing normally, with both feet beside each other. By putting one foot forward, it's like stepping on the up arrow on your D-pad, and you don't have to keep walking. Same thing with stepping left, right, and back, you just have to keep it "pressed down" in order to move and there's no walking involved.

6. con77

con77 Joined the dark side

i did suggest this a while back and people thought i was crazy and an arguement started out between which was better soccer or football ( american )

any way now that the wii has been around for longer this could happen and i would love to see this happen espicially with rumors going around that fifa 08 will be on the wii

7. illmasaki

illmasaki WiiChat Member

they are releasing ddr for wii but i guess it doesnt have motion sensors but its a start

8. adf3424sdff

adf3424sdff Guest

So basically, you strap it on your foot and you kick people in the eye repeatedly? sounds kick eye to me! :)