Super Mario Galaxy Scans-OMG

Sillyhat

The Crusher
May 21, 2006
I think this just made me pee my pants. By the way, anyone know Japanese? These screens have just made me so excited for this game:

sueprma2.jpg

sueprma1.jpg

sueprma3.jpg

Here is the full article about the images:

That to say if not that next Super Mario Galaxy of Wii is always also bluffant on all the levels. Famitsu thus delivers some additional images and information to us, before the exit of the title always waited for the end of the year on our premises.

In addition to the few images, one learns some also more on the levels from the play. The software will be indeed divided into 6 worlds, comprising each one of many planets for a total of 120 stars to collect. A challenge of size. There will be thus planets of water, sand, ice or in form of donuts!

Besides it will be necessary to traverse certain planets of outside inside, the head in top or even in bottom according to gravity! Gravity which will influence the gameplay. Gameplay which will also vary according to the shapes of planets: small or immense so much so that one will be able to see only the horizon, in the shape of cube or without form specifies… You will jump of planet planets in order to all discover.

Famitsu also presents some traditional attacks of Mario to us given to the style of the day: you will be able thus to point an enemy and to agitate Wiimote to attack it face or to carry out the famous crushing of Mario while pressing on button Z in the middle of a jump (on the left on the second page).

You will not be able to be satisfied to strike only the enemies and it will be necessary for you to have recourse to other techniques. The transformations make party of it: once in bee, Mario will be able thus to fly and prick! In phantom, Mario will pass for the friend of Boos!

Last infos, concerning the co-operation mode which is one of the innovations of this Mario: the second player will be able to assist the principal player thanks to one second Wiimote, in particular by using the Star collected Parts. The Star Parts seem to replace the parts in this episode: if you can only use them, to two, it will be allocated to the second player to assist you by pointing them to bind them around Mario. With the out of 100, a life returns to you. You can also use them for special attacks in the event of danger! Miyamoto would like to cause an emulation between the two players so that each one can say to the other “Oh! There remains one about it over there!”

Lastly, one discovers also a pretty photograph of the three fathers of the software: Miyamoto, Koizumi and Shimizu, whose interview is reproduced on the last page, nonavailable for the moment.

Here is the summary of it:

- 6 worlds, 120 stars reconfirmed, multiple planets in each world

- Planets of water, ice, sand, and more

- Planet size varies wildly, as we have seen

- Bee Mario has the ability to use his stinger

- Boo Mario will be left alone by other boos

- The “butt stomp” has returned. You can see it about to happen in the second scan

- As we’ve seen, the multi-colored stars will gain you an extra man if you collect 100. They can also be used for special attacks other than shooting them.

Source: www.gonintendo.com, and www.artdujeu.com

Last edited:
Nice post, but I gotta be honest, I was a big fan of Mario 64 but this game just seems too far out for me. I'll only consider it around Christmas if there are reviews or previews that show a LOT of reason to get it.

6ix said:
Nice post, but I gotta be honest, I was a big fan of Mario 64 but this game just seems too far out for me. I'll only consider it around Christmas if there are reviews or previews that show a LOT of reason to get it.

I'm pretty sure the reviews might give it close to a Ten out of Ten. In my opinion this is the best sequel they could've done. These screens definantly remind me of Super Mario 64. Have you ever played Super Mario Sunshine for GC?

Sillyhat said:
Have you ever played Super Mario Sunshine for GC?

No I don't have a GC. But I LOVED Mario 64 and all the old school Mario games are great as well but something about this seems too different and complicated, what with all the planets and being able to go in any direction whereas in Mario 64 you're always on the ground except for launching yourself etc.

This game looks great, there is no denying that.
I just wish it came out a little earlier.

CantGetAWii said:
This game looks great, there is no denying that.
I just wish it came out a little earlier.

Yea same here, this little by little information we are gettin is killing me.

Even Miyamoto said that in his opinion this is the first true superior to mario 64. He said that Mario Sunshine was good. But it didn't do what 64 did for gaming and he said this will. Its going to be absolutely amazing

Looks like a good idea but im woried they might go a litle overboard with the fliping around i mean in the pictures it looks like ever 2 seconds your going to be shot off somewhere else. Other than that it looks great!:smilewinkgrin:

Why only 120 stars again? I thought this game was suppose to be bigger than the n64 version.

6ix said:
No I don't have a GC. But I LOVED Mario 64 and all the old school Mario games are great as well but something about this seems too different and complicated, what with all the planets and being able to go in any direction whereas in Mario 64 you're always on the ground except for launching yourself etc.
You do know you can play Gamecube games on the Wii right? Super Mario Sunshine is a really good game, but some parts are just flat out difficult. As for Galaxy...whoa:yesnod: Yeah this looks pretty close to a ten out of ten and as has been said in some words or another, this is finally a Mario game that can compare to Super Mario 64. This game should just be fantastic! Thanks for the info.

Ronald said:
Why only 120 stars again? I thought this game was suppose to be bigger than the n64 version.
5 laps on a half mile track or 3 laps on a mile track. Which is bigger?

So basically its gonna be same amount of stars but just gonna take longer to get to them?

Back