Super Smash Bros. 4

Íf they decide to bring DLC balance the roster, I doubt that it'll cost money. And it's weird to bring DLC for balancing anyway, it's more often that someone brings DLC and has to update it later on, cause they're either under- or overpowered.
So for balancing updates seem more useful, but there won't be new characters just because of an update.

I really hope for DLC's, cause I'd even pay 20 Euro's (which is about 27 dollars) just to get 3 or 4 more characters. I find it so worth it, cause the more characters the better and we'll have to wait at least 5 more years for the next SSB release with new characters.

For a game like Smash, paid DLC characters is most definitely not going to happen. If they ever did do DLC, it would be purely aesthetic changes (maybe part packs for stage builder or things like a Roy skin for Marth among other new costumes.) Even so, I highly doubt Smash will have any DLC at all. Similar to what was stated before, DLC just isn't Smash's or Sakurai's thing.

Last edited:
I know, but I'm just saying that I would be totally up for it.
It would be so awesome if SSB4 would be released for 2 years and they would suddenly add 5 new characters by DLC's so everyone would start playing it again.
(If you're not still playing, which we probably will be)

I know, but I'm just saying that I would be totally up for it.
It would be so awesome if SSB4 would be released for 2 years and they would suddenly add 5 new characters by DLC's so everyone would start playing it again.
(If you're not still playing, which we probably will be)

Haha I know I'll still be playing! I even still play Brawl, Melee, and Mario Kart Wii every now and then when friends are over. Those kinds of games just don't get old.

Last edited:
Me too :D It's so much fun everytime and we keep getting better.
But even if we're still playing after 2 years, it would be f-ing awesome to suddenly get 5 new characters, even if they cost some money.

Lol Trago, why do you not want a Roy skin? It's not like you lose something if you get it...

roy is not marth, nor will he ever be

It'd definitely spark a lot of rage in the Fire Emblem fanbase seeing Roy return to Smash 4.....as a Marth skin.

Hmmm that might be right, but I'm sure some Roy fans will be pleased with it.
I mean, it's obvious that he isn't Marth, but he had the same attacks in Melee so that doesn't have much to do wit hit.

If you think Marth and Roy are the same, or even close to the same, then take a look at MR arguing with a noob.

It's pretty long, but if you take the time to read and comprehend the entire argument (spanning a couple pages), you will learn a lot.
Marth and Roy are completely different characters, despite having somewhat similar attacks.

Omg I just told you I don't think they're the same at all -_- (too lazy to quote it)
and in SSB I meant Melee, since I never played Project M.
Are they that different in Melee as well? I don't think so. Does it say something about melee in that argument? Cause I can't find it that quickly.

Well yeah the Roy skin is certainly a rediculous example but so is the idea that there would be DLC at all. I honestly believe the chances of Sakurai going DLC are about the same as reskinning Marth to Roy, so by my strange logic if one happened the other probably could, too.

DLC in Smash, or post-release content in general isn't impossibly unlikely. Nearly so if the team does disband post-release, but if that's not the case, take a look at Ninty's recent history. Super Weegee U just was that: one gigantic DLC. Mario Golf 3DS is gonna have the unthinkable: Day one DLC (... it is day one, right?). Strange things are afoot in Ninty's offices.

... Not that I'm tryin' to contradict myself from before. I sure as **** don't think Smash 4 will have post-release content, or even balancing patches (bar to fix game-breaking glitches).

a Roy skin for Marth

marth >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> roy

I'm speakin' from a Fire Emblem (and coincidentally, a competitive Smash) point of view, mind ya.

Doubtful, as that ain't really Ninty's gig. More importantly, this Namco partnership ain't meant to last; not for this specific series, anyways. Assumin' things are the same as with Brawl, this amalgamation of developers etc. from various companies will disband upon the game's release. Even if Sakurai green-lighted patches post-release, many of the pre-release workers tasked with balancing would be missing, gone off to work with other projects.
Namco's name is on the game. Therefore Namco is reflected in this game in all aspects. If a character is Meta Knight unbalanced, it will reflect Namco.
Therefore I think Namco would have a Smash team after the release of Smash 4.

If you think Marth and Roy are the same, or even close to the same, then take a look at MR arguing with a noob.

It's pretty long, but if you take the time to read and comprehend the entire argument (spanning a couple pages), you will learn a lot.
Marth and Roy are completely different characters, despite having somewhat similar attacks.
There is one circumstance that I would take a Roy texture Marth and that would be if they had a pre-set moveset for that texture. If they did that it will probably be an official-non-official character.

DLC in Smash, or post-release content in general isn't impossibly unlikely. Nearly so if the team does disband post-release, but if that's not the case, take a look at Ninty's recent history. Super Weegee U just was that: one gigantic DLC. Mario Golf 3DS is gonna have the unthinkable: Day one DLC (... it is day one, right?). Strange things are afoot in Ninty's offices.

... Not that I'm tryin' to contradict myself from before. I sure as **** don't think Smash 4 will have post-release content, or even balancing patches (bar to fix game-breaking glitches).
Speaking of Weegee U, the NSMB series is one of Nintendo's top selling series, hence the fat DLC.
Smash's position is essentially the same.

Agreed. I'm not a huge fan of DLC or video game remakes, mainly because I could be using that money to buy other games.
I definitely want one for Smash.
DLC for the game you love is enough reason to buy it.
WiiAssassin can confirm this with Ace Attorney 5 and the Orca

It also keeps the game alive longer, keeps people satisfied longer, and makes more money

I definitely want one for Smash.
DLC for the game you love is enough reason to buy it.
WiiAssassin can confirm this with Ace Attorney 5 and the Orca

Negative. That Orca case was the classic "filler" third case that every game in the series has. The devs quite clearly removed it for this game, as is evidenced by the fact that the last case is instead split into two in order to make it seem like it's a complete game and later sell the filler case as DLC. The case was great, one of the best, but relegating it from the core game for a quick buck is shameless.

It's typical Capcom business.

Mr. MR said:
It also keeps the game alive longer, keeps people satisfied longer, and makes more money

Making a completely new game would be more profitable, not making DLC. It's why games like Street Fighter and sports games keep making slightly enhanced(or downgraded) editions of their games instead of just releasing a stream of DLC.

Back