Supersmashbros. Brawl Tournament (prize)

LemonManX said:
No, professional competitions ban the use of all items so that the match is one of pure skill, and no one gets any dumb luck or can item camp.
which essentially takes away the fun of the game. ya, there will be some cheap shots, but that's part of the f***ing game. i would vote items, but i know that everybody else will vote no items.

Items may make a return in the competitive smash scene. It all depends on whether the community blindly bans them or not. Melee tournaments actually began with items, but they were removed as explosions started skewing results in key matches. If items did not explode randomly and had more constant spawn locations/rates, they would still be in tournaments.

Banning anything (items, stages, etc.) is a delicate art, and one has to understand what adds depth to the game and what tips the scales too far in favor of someone or something.

i'm in, so i have to send Minguns a message right?
polus i think items should be in, i hate items my self but that is what makes the game and luck is part of winning, like a ninja.

JerryC said:
go to the tourney website and add yourself on the signup sheet. here ill pm u it

Thanks JerryC, I appreciate that. If anyone else asks would you mind linking the URL in PM?

ATM I can't send pms so contact either SSBBFan101 Vedelkin10 or xxs1yf0xx about the website URL.

Marioman said:
Hey Mingus is the site down...It won't work for me anymore

Really, I just got on the website a second ago and everything was fully operational. Check for any errors, although I'm sure you already did. Just try again if everything was correct, you should be able to access everything.

Last edited:
Nevermind I got it to work...but I can't open it in favorites or from links for some reason just comes up to a page with the music player at the bottom and that's it

Last edited:
Marioman said:
Nevermind I got it to work...but I can't open it in favorites or from links for some reason just comes up to a page with the music player at the bottom and that's it

Now that you mentioned it I experienced the same issue. I overlooked the problem but now that you said something I'll look into it with further detail.

Hey Mingus i was wondering if i would be allowed to post the tournament on smashboards.com or would this make the tourney site hell on earth?

xxs1yf0xx said:
Hey Mingus i was wondering if i would be allowed to post the tournament on smashboards.com or would this make the tourney site hell on earth?

Hey, in direct response to xxs1yf0xx and indirectly to anyone else; go on ahead and post the URL any where you'd like. Free advertisement is always a good thing. At the moment were already looking at about 50 people if everyone that had posted still joins. Even still, if several drop out were already looking at 35-40 people. I'm guessing that around december the site traffic will really pick up. so to answer your question slyfox, go ahead and post the tournament on the site.

PLEASE DO NOT POST THE URL ON WIICHAT. THAT GOES FOR EVERYONE.

we do not want this thread deleted. PM SSBBFan 101, Vedelkin10, or xxs1yf0xx for the URL link.

Thanks

just to let everyone know i do know the website so if you would like PM ME. Subject Tourney, please! thanks And Mingus if you need help with anything just tell me, and im here

Last edited:
andrewguy said:
i really don't know how this works. please add info in ur 1st post. can't use link.

The link should work. But it only takes you to the forum Supersmashbros. Brawl Tournament (prize) UPDATES!!!!

If you check out that forum you'll get somewhat of an understanding. If you'd like the URL to the actual tournament website please request it by sending a pm to SSBBFAN101 Vedelkin10 or xxs1yf0xx

JerryC said:
seriously, this rule to not post links on this forum is really stupid..

It's difficult but hopefully as word gets around the URL will be well known, easily passed around, most likely through pm. Although, as long as staff of the tournament do not post the URL it's not advertising and therefore not breaking the rules. If anybody outside of the tournament, such as yourself JerryC it's fine. It's really no different than posting the link www.ign.com Just do not post it in this thread because we do not want this thread deleted at all costs!

Back