System Update is goofy

The first time didnt work for me. I just kept trying. About the 5th time it worked. All the other times it would freeze up.

what is your best bet if you have no wireless network, and your wii is upstairs while your pc is downstairs???

I didn't want to get all the posts in a quote (too lazy right now), but I will try to answer all I can

Altruist said:
Actually, I just read something about the LAN converters that just plug in through USB. If I got one of those, I'd probably be good, right? I just don't want to spend $30 (half the cost of a new game) and get something that might not even work for what I need.
Yes, that might be the best thing for you to use, so, yeah, i'd say go for it

the 1-11 thing are wireless channels, usually you don't have to worry about them, but in big businesses and hotels where they run 3 ISPs at the same time or need to cover a wider distance, wireless access points on the same channel will have problems with each other, the same problems you get when you use a cordless phone at the same time as wireless internet

If you want, you can tell your college about MAC address filtering, so the only way students can get access to the wireless access point is if their MAC address is added to the access point, that way, there is no way to access the wireless unless you pay for it anyway

Last edited:
Back